Palm Beach or Eagle Beach??

cmhighto

We will be on the Adventure of the Seas on July 24. We are thinking of taking a taxi to Plam Beach or Eagle Beach. Which do you recommend? We are thinking of renting wave runners. Do both beaches have them? Which beach is closer to the ship?

Thanks!

Eagle beach is closer to the ship and you can rent wave runners there. You can take a cab or a bus ( much cheaper). There's a bar on the beach, and you can rent lounge chairs for $3. I've never been to Palm beach- hi rise hotels- much more goin on, I heard

Can you tell me at what hotel on eagle beach can you rent chairs? I have stayed at La Cabana before and sent them two emails without result. My DH and I just want to lay on eagle beach and have a few on this trip without doing anything else... TIA Eileen:confused:

Eileen, We took a cab to eagle beach. The driver dropped us off near the bus stop, near the bar, I'm not sure what hotel was across the street- seemed to have alot of europeans there ( and a couple of topless sunbathers- not a bad perk :)) This is also where the jet skis were and the lounge chairs for rent. If you take a cab just tell the driver that you want to be near the bar and restrooms etc. I'm sure you'll end up where we did.

• 1 month later...

We were on the Destiny 6/19 sailing. In Aruba we went to Palm Beach. Taxi fares seem to have been regulated and I think we paid $4 each - 10 minutes or so. The taxi driver asked what time we planned on returning and he came back to pick us up.

All beaches in Aruba are free, and you can easily see which areas are hotel cabanas and chairs. Our taxi driver dropped us off next to the Wyndham Hotel. Immediately we were approached by a vendor for chair rentals - $5 all day. He also had floating mats. This was a great beach with lots of water toy rentals available. We took a walk to the restraunt that juts out over the water on a pier to have a beer ($5).

There are quite a number of timeshare condos each with their own beach cabanas, but we found some shade and enjoyed our time sitting in our own Corona beer commercial. It really looks just like the commercial.

• 1 month later...

We just got back from Adventure. Thanks to these boards, we took a bus to Palm Beach which was about a ten minute ride. $2 each for the round trip. We got off just by the Radisson where there is a walkway between two hotels that takes you on to the beach right at the pier.

Lovely beach (better than Eagle at a casual glance) and lots going on. The beaches in Aruba are public and free. However, the umbrellas and loungers are not. We paid one of the vendors $26 for an umbrella and two loungers. Ouch! Quite glad we took the bus and not a taxi. Corona at the bar was $5. When we got back to the ship, I was quite red on my shoulders and chest. Couldn't understand this. Being from northern climes, I stay out of the sun as much as possible. We began to wonder if these umbrellas are not 100% effective. After sitting under one for two hours, could it be that 5% of the sun is getting through? Or is it reflected rays from the water? Anybody know? I have to say that I did not put on any sunscreen since I was in the shade. Won't do that again.

Archived