Fascination 5/2/05, my review! Somewhat long!

Jen99SS

Overall it was great!

First off, We stayed at the Holiday Inn @ South Beach, I recommend this to anyone not wanting to pay an arm and a leg. This was my second time sailing the Fascination. I know each person has there own opinion but for the age of the ship I think the apperance was good. I mean yeah there are stains in the carpets, I have been to high class hotels that have stained carpet! My biggest complaint was my a/c, it didn't work from day one and I reported it every single day at least 2 times a day, finally on Wed. when we returned from Cozumel they had given us a fan, this hepled but not much. The other 3 couples in our group said they actually had to turn their a/c down it got so cold, not us!!! My other complaint was the rudeness of the staff this paticular sailing!!! The only good service we received was from Ram, the Lido deck waiter and Jamie, karaoke host. She was great!! The friendliest staff member! We spent every night but Thursday doing karaoke and on Thursday my husband was in the Carnival Legends show, yes he sounded terrible :o and for any of you who were there you know it!!! He got nervous once he got on stage, don't know why, he sang in front of everyone at the karaoke bar and sounded good! He does great at home! They picked on him bad, poor guy :rolleyes: ! But I still love him, at least he got up there and did it!!! Other than that we were the drinking crowd! We did the snorkel tour in Cozumel and it was great, the water was warm and so clear, would do again. Later that night we hit the bars!! In Key West we just walked around and shopped, not much time to do much there.

I did write a letter to Carnival about the rude service we received from the staff of the Pursers desk, but other than that and my a/c I have no complaints. As long as the ship isn't filthy and unkept, which this one wasn't, I have no problems.

I would recommend a Carnival ship to anyone, if you are expecting a perfectly spotless ship try sailing a newer ship or start you own! ;)

As for the guests, I met a bunch of great people! I would have to say this was by far the friendliest group of people on any cruise I have taken, Thanks to my fellow guest for being great!:D I had a great time but was so ready to come home to see my kids!

• 2 months later...

Archived