Kahalu'u Bay and POA

mcelli

Hi again,

we will be on the POA in July....I want to go to Kahalu'u Bay for a beach snorkel...can anyone tell me how far this is from the ship? would a taxi ride be expensive? I heard there is a shuttle ( Alii'i Shuttle?) would a shuttle be easy to pick up? Judging from these boards, a place called Millers is the best to rent gear. Would a shuttle stop close to this place? Is there food and drink near Kahalu'u

Thanks for all your help!

Aloha! There is usually a vender with a cart at the beach with food and drink and also one with snorkle gear (at least last time I was there). The Keauhou Ohana Beach Hotel is right there also and they have a grill where you can get sandwiches, etc. I think though that you would have to walk around to the main entrance of the hotel to get in.

I have no idea where Miller's is. I remember checking on the schedules for the shuttle and they aren't that often...maybe every hour?? not sure. But they do have a website on line I believe.

That's a start anyway, I'm sure others will chime in.

Emi

Here is a link to phone numbers for the Ali'i Shuttle and taxis: http://www.humdinger-online.com/resources.cfm#trans

Kahalu'u Beach is about 10-15 min. from downtown Kona. Not sure how much a taxi would be, as we had a car. There is a beach bar b/t the beach and the Keauhou hotel, where you can get burgers, sandwiches and beverages. You don't have to go to the main entrance of the hotel to get there, there is a gate off the beach onto the grounds of the hotel. Prices are fairly reasonable for a sandwich and a drink. Not sure about Miller's, but there are vendors at the beach for snorkel equipment rentals.

Becki

Archived