Early Saver FYI

Bibble

I haven't seen this here, so I thought I'd mention it.

When you cancel an early saver fare, they take $50 per person, and the remainder of the deposit is held as a future cruise credit for each person.

In the past, it was necessary to get a form signed for the person who paid it to get the full credit (meaninig, if I paid the deposit for myself and a friend, I'd have to sign the form to get the credit transferrred from her to me).

As of june 14th, it is now the other way around. It's no longer available to each passenger, but back to the person who originally paid it.

Which will be great for some people.

A friend of mine was booked with her then-boyfriend, he used his credit card, she paid him cash for her deposit. They broke up and cancelled. Called carnival back then (last spring) and was told that they could each use their own credit in the future. Fast forward to now, there is no more contact between them. We called today to have her credit added to our booking, and now they say it all goes back to the person who used the credit card.

So it's not a huge deal, and it's probably better for some people who pay the deposit and the other person cancels, etc. But sadly, for her, it's not better :(

The worst part is that it just changed 3 weeks ago. I wish we had known.

Sorry that this complicates things for your friend, but from Carnival's standpoint, this makes much more sense. It keeps them out of having to get involved in any the behind the scenes payments that Carnival may not be privy to. They simply assign the credit to whoever made the original payment.

Sorry that this complicates things for your friend, but from Carnival's standpoint, this makes much more sense. It keeps them out of having to get involved in any the behind the scenes payments that Carnival may not be privy to. They simply assign the credit to whoever made the original payment.

I know. It truly does make sense. It just stinks that it changed without us knowing.

I did get an update that because she cancelled so long before it changed, she's "grandfathered" into the old policy, so she'll be able to use the credit. Yay! (she told me that if they didn't, there's no way it would be worth contacting him for him to sign a form so she could use the $100. She'd rather pay it... ) But I'm glad it worked out!)

Archived