9 month, 4.5 and 5.5 yr old on Princess - British Isles

amcb

Hi Everyone!

When we were preparing for our cruise last year, everyone on this board was so helpful. Our kiddos were 3 and 4 and thoroughly enjoyed our Western Caribbean cruise on NCL. But now we have a new little one and will be traveling on Princess, so I'm back for more information. :-) We will be on the Caribbean Princess British Isles cruise August 1st and I have a few questions.

Baby first:

1. I know Princess provides baby food - does this still apply while in Europe and how do I go about requesting it? It's on the cruise personalizer for the baby, but didn't know if I needed to do anything additional.

2. Highchairs - I'm assuming they're available. Are they the kind with the tray or the kind that pulls up to the table?

3. yogurt - do they have regular yogurt? (ie not low-fat)

4. cereals - what cereals are available? Are they US or UK brands?

Big kids: ;-)

1. Kids club: what is the age breakdown? will my 4.5 and 5.5 be in the same age group?

2. Does Kids club run on port days? We're thinking of possibly not going ashore on one of our port days and wanted to know if the kids would have any activities to do.

3. Evening shows: Are any of them family friendly? Our daughter loves dance and would love to see the shows, but I'm not keen on taking them to something that would be inappropriate.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

:-) amcb

There is a form to complete for the baby food - call for special services and they'll send it to you. You choose how many fruit/veggie/meat jars you want. You can also order baby cereal.

High chairs when we sailed as babies were pull up to the table.

Kids clubs do run on port days and one nice thing about Princess is you're allowed to go in with them and your 9 month old if you want to all play together.

My girls have loved the production shows ever since they were toddlers - the lights, music and costumes entranced them. "Family-friendly" is an individual thing. Lots of people wouldn't think the costumes are appropriate for children - think Vegas but not topless. To me they're just flashy bikinis and don't concern me.

Have a great time - I'd love to do that itinerary!

Best,

Mia

Just wanted to say, I did that itinerary pre-kids and had a BLAST. DH and I kept saying during that trip how we'd love to go back and do that itinerary when we had kids big enough to run around the castles we toured!

I just recently did a one-night sailing on HAL and took my 5-year-old son to the show. He LOVED it, especially the girl dancers with their belly buttons showing (it was a western theme, they had their shirts tied up a la Dukes of Hazard). I'd recommend asking the kids' club staff about what shows they think are best to take the kids to. My son is also a huge fan of going to any venue with live music, like if there's a string quartet playing in the atrium, he thinks that is fascinating. He and I had a great time dancing to a swing band on a cruise when he was about 2 1/2.

Also a request: when you get back, can you post about how it went? We'll be cruising next year with our then-18-month-old and almost 6-year-old, it'll be our first time on Princess with kids, so I'm curious to hear how it goes!

We have sailed twice with Princess when our younger daughter was in the youngest age group (Alaska and Baltics) - Princess Pelicans is age 3-7 so your children will be together. Our kids love Princess! From what I remember on our European cruise, boxes of cereal were North American like Rice Krispies etc. Sorry that I don't remember what they had for yogurt.

Lisa

Archived