Just back on the Dawn- Tried the Murder Mystery

I posted my review of our 5/01 trip on the Dawn. I wanted to follow-up on the murder mystery dinner and thank those that recommended it. It seems this is a new feature that was created by one of the crew members. Our assistant cruise director said they are going to roll it out fleetwide this year because it's very popular.

I didn't include this part in my review, so I wanted to share how it went with folks interested.

Firstly, they try to accomodate everyone that wants to play, which is really nice as we had trouble getting into some of the game shows onboard. They break you up into teams of 8, and you're each handed out a private script for your character. Your group of 8 people head up to a prearranged dinner in one of the open dining rooms to begin your dinner and subsequent role.

My wife and I did this and we had quite a bit of fun with it. You really get out of it what you put into it. If you encourage your group to stay in character, it becomes a really good time.

The group performs a "scene" after each course of the meal. Your 'script' has each scene on one page, so you aren't encouraged to look ahead to see what your character is supposed to say. This worked out great. Our party of 8 had a blast. Our group them regrouped back in the Stardust Theater to find out who KILLED the CAPTAIN!!!

Jolly good fun, and I recommend it to everyone. It is usually played on day 4 or 5 of the cruise, so look for it in you freestyle daily!!!

Thanks for the information. Our group on the 5/22 roll call is very interested in doing this and a little concerned that we will not be able to get reservations. How hard is it to secure the space for the MM dinner? Will we have any trouble?

Thanks for the information. Our group on the 5/22 roll call is very interested in doing this and a little concerned that we will not be able to get reservations. How hard is it to secure the space for the MM dinner? Will we have any trouble?

We were worried as well because we struck out on Jeopardy and family fued. It was easy. The Freestyle Daily had the signup time and the room listed (4pm in the Library). You go and sign up and you're in. We had some 250 people playing, which the assistant CD said was almost 100 more than last cruise. Popularity increased, but they accepted everyone that applied. We were very pleased with this experience.

Great! Thanks for the information, our CC group is really excited about this. We are pretty sure that it happens the night we arrive in Nassau and are hoping to be done in time to go to the Atlantis and hit Senior Frogs... Are we correct on the night?

Great! Thanks for the information, our CC group is really excited about this. We are pretty sure that it happens the night we arrive in Nassau and are hoping to be done in time to go to the Atlantis and hit Senior Frogs... Are we correct on the night?

If I recall correctly, it was on the night we left Nassau(friday night). We left Nassau at 12:00pm and had to sign up by 4pm I think. This should not interfere with your trip to SNR Frogs. I can tell you that our veranda overlooked SNR Frogs in port and that place was jumping. I could hear the MC clear as day on my balcony. He was calling for the ladies to do some awfully difficult things!! My wife and I looked at each other and said... "NO WAY!! We're not going there tonight!!" LOL!! It was certainly the hotspot!!

I posted my review of our 5/01 trip on the Dawn. I wanted to follow-up on the murder mystery dinner and thank those that recommended it. It seems this is a new feature that was created by one of the crew members. Our assistant cruise director said they are going to roll it out fleetwide this year because it's very popular.

I didn't include this part in my review, so I wanted to share how it went with folks interested.

Firstly, they try to accomodate everyone that wants to play, which is really nice as we had trouble getting into some of the game shows onboard. They break you up into teams of 8, and you're each handed out a private script for your character. Your group of 8 people head up to a prearranged dinner in one of the open dining rooms to begin your dinner and subsequent role.

My wife and I did this and we had quite a bit of fun with it. You really get out of it what you put into it. If you encourage your group to stay in character, it becomes a really good time.

The group performs a "scene" after each course of the meal. Your 'script' has each scene on one page, so you aren't encouraged to look ahead to see what your character is supposed to say. This worked out great. Our party of 8 had a blast. Our group them regrouped back in the Stardust Theater to find out who KILLED the CAPTAIN!!!

Jolly good fun, and I recommend it to everyone. It is usually played on day 4 or 5 of the cruise, so look for it in you freestyle daily!!!

did they have a drawing for a free dinner at le bistro, they did it on our cruise righ after we found out who killed the captain.

You guys are too funny!

Why are there so many posts on this 5/1 cruise? How did we get so disorganized? Trying to get all the info out to you! :confused: You guys hop around all over - can't imagine what you'll do on the ship! lol (Wish I could be a fly on the wall).

It is Senor Frogs NOT Senior....though my DH keeps telling me that I'm working my way toward "senior" NO, I'm not...I refuse.

You sign-up on Thursday between 4-6PM (in your daily) and dinner is on Friday.

Don't worry, you won't get shut out.

If I got the story right, Mike (I think he was ACD formally on the Dawn) brought it on-board. It was so successful that he now has brought it on to two other NCL ships.

NJCruiser21 - hope you are the Brit. - would love to hear your British accent. Start practicing now. Our Brit., was from Long Island and said he could only be a Long Island Brit. too funny! The only way they could improve it - is to send you all over to SENOR Frogs to solve the murder. Can you imagine?

Cosmo,

I know! I'm jumping all over from 5/1 roll calls to a bunch of different threads on here. I'm loving all this excitement and help from the east coast cruisers.

The only way they could improve it - is to send you all over to SENOR Frogs to solve the murder. Can you imagine?

LoL! That would be crazy..so much fun. Have a dance off and the worst one is the murderer. But if I turn out to be the murderer, I'll whip out the Carlton dance from Fresh Prince of Bel Air. ;)

I'm there!!! I can't wait the M.M. dinner is going to be a blast no matter what night they have it and Senor Frogs watch out for the 5/22 cruisers we're coming!!!!

What drinks did you read about Marit, I wanna know!!!

I can't remember where the post was, but they say they have these crazy tall huge drinks with a souvenier cup. They were all sorts of tropical concoctions!

Is this at Senor Frogs or on the ship? How did I miss that post!! LOL I'm still looking for a good drink on the ship. I might have to try them all to find one I like! That could be fun or a big headache!

I'm there!!! I can't wait the M.M. dinner is going to be a blast no matter what night they have it and Senor Frogs watch out for the 5/22 cruisers we're coming!!!!

What drinks did you read about Marit, I wanna know!!!

For all your collective enthusiasm, the best you can come up with is "the 5/22 cruisers?" No name yet?;)

Enjoy the M.M. dinner no matter what night it is. That's gonna be one rowdy table.:D Or, heaven forbid, more than 1?:eek:

Yeah, we had a few ideas for names!!!

Thanks for the drink tips. I tried that Miami Vice last cruise it was okay, a little to sweet and not enough punch! Will need try the one at Senor Frogs!

Thanks for all the reviews and tips they are great! Keep them coming.

How many of the ships have the Murder Mystery dinners now?? I thought I seen where someone said they'd moved them to a couple other ships besides the Dawn. Does anyone know??

I think they sound really cool and would love to try one!!!!! DH thought they sounded really interesting too, and if he's interested then it must be a good idea! ;)

Archived