Enchantment Canada/NE vs NCL Jewel

I know it's hard to give opinions on 2 ships that have yet to be sailed (the new stretched Enchantment vs the new NCL Jewel)...but we currently have cabins on hold on both of these ships for Canada/New England cruises in September.

We have previously sailed on Princess (both the Coral and Dawn) and really enjoyed both cruises -- thought the food, service and staterooms were great, and our 3 kids (ages 14, 12, and 6) really enjoyed the kids programs...

We have wanted to try RCCL, and currently are booked in a Royal Family Suite for the 11 September sailing R/T out of Boston (stopping in Martha's vineyard, portland ME, Bar Harbor ME, St John NB, and Halifax NS).

We also have a longer cruise booked on the NCL Jewel R/T out of NYC on 18 September, in a similar 2BR/2bath balcony suite.

We prefer the itinerary on the NCL cruise, as it is longer and includes Quebec and the St Lawrence River, but we have heard better feedback about RCCL from many people...although this would be a brand new NCL ship...

We would value opinions from anyone who has sailed on both RCCL and NCL...right now we are leaning towards the Enchantment, even though we would prefer the longer itinerary; good food, good service, and good kids programs are really important to us as well...

Archived