Single cabins on Thomson Spirit

Hi has anyone stayed in a single cabin on Thomson Spirit? Am booked into one near the medical centre. Anyone got any photos?

That's a can of worms you're about to open Tracy...!

That's a can of worms you're about to open Tracy...!

Indeed, a can of worms!

I returned from North Cape Adventure on spirit last weekend and after a few days stay with family 'up north' i have now returned home. I intend to write a mini review but don't know exactly when.

Back to the can of worms!

I have cruised in single cabins on Spirit 3 times and in her sister Celebration 4 times. Sadly I now bid farewell to the sisters. I enjoyed all the cruises but now I have been almost everywhere I am looking for a more upmarket experience, or more specifically a guaranteed good nights sleep :eek:

The sisters problem for me is that the single cabins are grouped together near the engine spaces or even further aft and I believe were originally crew accomodation. They have door keys and not cards like elswhere on the ship. In my opinion cruisers should consider carefully whether they have a high enough tolerance to noise and vibration. I used to have but no longer. On 3 nights on North Cape Adventure the engines seemed to change to a lower gear that resulted in my cabin (575) resembling the inside of a concrete mixer, no sleep was possible.

It is a pity that Thomson group the single cabins in a 'ghetto' on these ships as Dream and Majesty have varied locations. Even better old Destiny had no single cabins and you chose your location.

I will be cruising with Thomson again but not on Spirit or Celebration:(

Archived