Dreamer Catamaran and Snorkel tour

zpdw484

Just returned from Freedom of the seas cruise last week. We did the Dreamer Catamaran and snorkel tour in Jamaica. I could not find very much info on this tour before we left so I thought I would give a little feedback to hopefully help future cruisers. To sum it up, this excursion was fantastic! It was definately one of the highlights of our trip. We met on the pier in falmouth and boarded a bus for the trip to the beach where the dreamer leaves from(I believe it was cornwall beach???) Our driver told us it would be a 20 minute drive, but it was definately atleast 30 minutes. No big deal as there was quiet a bit to see along the way, and it was a drive on pretty good roads, 4 lane most of the way. Definately not the winding up and down roads that I remember from a previous trip to Ocho Rios.

We arrived at the beach, which looked very nice, and boarded the Catamaran. The Cat was pretty full but you could find a seat in the shade or in the sun. We sailed along the coast by Margarittaville, etc. and then headed out to the snorkel area. I was definately surprised at how clear the water was. The cat dropped anchor and we were allowed to either jump off the side of the boat or make our way down the steps. The snorkeling was much better than I expected. Lots of coral and fish to see. I have snorkeled pretty much all over the caribbean and I enjoyed this trip as much as any. It was a bit choppy that day and I think that may have made it a little more difficult for some people, but lifejackets were available if needed.

After snorkeling drinks were served and some kind of wierd cheese bread (that was actually pretty good) was available. We then sailed around the bay and seen the rich folks houses, etc and eventually made it back to the beach where it started and boarded the bus for the trip back to falmouth.

All in all it was a fantastic day. The Catamaran was great, the crew was great, and the snorkeling was great. We struggled trying to find something that interested us to do in Jamaica and we are usually not fans of ship sponsored tours. But this tour definately hit the spot for us. It was a bit pricey but well worth it. Can't really think of anything bad to say about it at all.

So hopefully this will help someone in the future. If you are struggling trying to find something to do in jamaica(which it seems many people do) and you enjoy snorkeling, swimming, and just being on the water, you should think about doing this excursion.

Thanks for this review! I'm looking for something to do in Montego Bay that doesn't involve going to Margaritaville and I've been going back and forth on this particular tour. If I can find a way to get some authentic jerk afterwards I'll definitely be doing this.

Approximately how many people do you think was on the Catamaran? How long did you snorkel for? did you have anytime after the excursion was over to hang at a beach or shop?

I would guess approx 30 to 35 people, that's just a guess. It was pretty full but by no means was it too crowded. As far as how long we snorkeled, I would say an hr or close to it atleast. Plenty of time to snorkel. Everyone was ready to return to the cat by that time. After the excursion we were dropped off back at the pier area in falmouth with plenty of time to shop. As far as beach time goes, there really isn't any beach close to falmouth that i'm aware of so I would say prob no time to go back to a beach from there. If you are docking in Montego Bay, then yes you would prob have some time for one of the beaches close by

• 2 months later...

What time did you get back to the port? I'm wondering if we could just stay at the beach afterwards and find our own way back to the port. I just am not sure of the time that would be left after the catamaran.

Archived