Nassau After Dark

nycglitter

I have only visited Nassau during the day and have to say that for the most part feel like it's really safe.

This trip we will be in port at night and I would love to cab it to the Atlantis and then back to Senior Frogs. Depending on time, maybe just walk to Senior Frogs. Has anyone been in Nassau at night? Is it safe?

Yes, it is very safe in the areas you refer to-- We did Atlantis - came back late- we were anchored overnite- No problem. Senor Frogs ( he must have gotten older in your version :)-- is right next to the ship beyond the straw market. Last time we were there we could hear the music when the balcony door was open- I would feel comfortable walking from there along the pier..

So funny. I clearly aged the Frog and obviously don't remember any of my high school spanish! LOL.

So great that there is nothing to worry about. Strange. I walk in NYC all the time after dark and don't think a thing about it, but when I get to an area that I am unfamiliar with I think twice!

I will be opening my suite door to hear the music!

Last year we were in Nassau all afternoon and through the night. We only left the ship during the day to go to the straw market and Atlantis. We were going back in the evening but weren't sure about leaving the ship in the evening.

This year, we docked in the evening and walked through town (some shops stay open for the ships docking at night) and then we went to Atlantis. It was fine.

The shops also open early AM the following morning for the ships' passengers.

There are customs agents around the dock area to check your ship card and ID before you go through to board the ship. So you are not really alone when you walk back to the ship.

It was cool to see all the ships lit up at night and also to see Atlantis all lit up.

I'm sure you will enjoy it. Bring your camera with you.

Should be NO PROBLEM- especially if you are used to NYC. Another "bonus" I noticed is that you could walk freely around Atlantis- I had stayed there a few years ago but DH hadn't been there- We walked around the Aquarium and the "dig" unchallenged at night. I know during the day they post people to keep out people- and there is a substantial charge to access the grounds.-- Have fun!

I just got back from a cruse where we were docked in nassau till 2:30 am. Unless you plan on going to a bar/club, I would just stay on the ship because nothing else is open.

I took my younger brother and cousin out to explore nassau at night and within about an hour and a half we were offered rides by about a dozen locals that use there personal cars as taxis. one of the guys asked my 18 year old brother if he wanted to take him to see "naked girls"... thank god i was with him or he probably would have gone with this weirdo. While walking further away from the ship a bouncer at a little sports pub tried to sell me cocaine... nassau is not the kind of place i would want to be around late at night. not to mention, it is dirty. we saw the biggest rat i have ever seen in my life run across the sidewalk...

btw, if you do go out at night stay on the sidewalk. people in nassau drive crazy! about HALF of the cars we saw all had dents in them! :eek:

Archived