Half Moon Cay must do activity!!!

dvdkndy

I sent a request for cabanas #14 & #15 for my July 26th sailing at 4:30 pm yesterday and had a yes response by 9:03 pm.

Has anyone ever done this and your number not be reserved when you board? I worry about everything!

Here is my update....

I first sent an e-mail to the shore excursions department on Saturday, they responded within 24 hrs saying that No, you cannot reserve a specific cabana number until you actually board.

I re-submitted my e-mail yesterday (Monday) and received a YES response this morning for #12.

Go figure..

Oliver

I also received a polite "NO" in response to my e-mail to reserve a particular cabana. Was told they do not do that and it had to be done once on board!

Think I'll send it again!

I also received a polite "NO" in response to my e-mail to reserve a particular cabana. Was told they do not do that and it had to be done once on board!

Think I'll send it again!

Send it again and tell them that you have read on Cruise Critic that people have had this done...I did that and got "an exception made" for me

I sent a request for cabanas #14 & #15 for my July 26th sailing at 4:30 pm yesterday and had a yes response by 9:03 pm.

Has anyone ever done this and your number not be reserved when you board? I worry about everything!

We were discussing this on our roll call...I know we are going to bring a copy of the email received from the excursion dept to show to the ship excursion desk the first day of the cruise. Hopefully that will help in the event the excursion dept doesn't communicate with the ship.

Well, that didn't take long!! I sent a second e-mail (didn't mention the first one and the "no" answer) and got a response a few minutes ago informing me that they didn't usually do it but they made an exception for me! Took less than an hour!

I was told to go to the shore excursion desk once on board to confirm. So I will print and take the e-mail with me.

Thanks everyone!

We were discussing this on our roll call...I know we are going to bring a copy of the email received from the excursion dept to show to the ship excursion desk the first day of the cruise. Hopefully that will help in the event the excursion dept doesn't communicate with the ship.

That's what I did printed the email. I also plan to goto the desk as soon as I get on board to make sure everything is good, also need to give info for drinks and stuff. I leave in 9 days can't wait.

Karen

Well, that didn't take long!! I sent a second e-mail (didn't mention the first one and the "no" answer) and got a response a few minutes ago informing me that they didn't usually do it but they made an exception for me! Took less than an hour!

I was told to go to the shore excursion desk once on board to confirm. So I will print and take the e-mail with me.

Thanks everyone!

I have not received an answer to my email I sent yesterday. What email address did you send it to ? Or did you use the contact email option on the Carnival site and pick the "Excursion Desk" from the drop down menu?

Ugh...here's the reply I received...

Hello JoAnn,

Thank you for contacting us.* We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

You would need to request that on board at the Shore Excursions Desk. We have no access to cabana assignment..

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance. Thank you for choosing Carnival Cruise Lines.

Regards,

Ugh...here's the reply I received...

Hello JoAnn,

Thank you for contacting us.* We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

You would need to request that on board at the Shore Excursions Desk. We have no access to cabana assignment..

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance. Thank you for choosing Carnival Cruise Lines.

Regards,

You can try emailing them back and telling them that you saw it posted on a public site that people were getting them reserved.

I have not received an answer to my email I sent yesterday. What email address did you send it to ? Or did you use the contact email option on the Carnival site and pick the "Excursion Desk" from the drop down menu?

I didn't use the Carnivla site. I sent it to shore excursions at Carnival dot com. Took less than an hour to get the yes response.

For everyone else - simply send an email to shoreexcursions@carnival.com and they will assist you; we have done this for several years and they have always been more than willing to help. We just give them our confirmation number, the ship and which cabana we would like - as you can see from the above post, we like the last one #15

Happy sailing

_____

Debi

Wow Debi sending huge virtual hug because I would never have attempted a request before embarkation were it not for your post!

Sent request for #15 as bf and I felt cabana was only worth the $ if we could be down on the quieter end of beach....was confirmed within a couple of hours of sending and we are sooooooo psyched for our 1st trip to HMC!

thank you thank you thank you

Tina

I'll be sure to do this too. We have cabanas so I shouldn't worry. I bet they are all great.

SCORE!!! Thanks everyone for the heads up you could do this! I emailed them, just asking for anything higher than 7. Here's the response I thought y'all might be interested in :

Good Morning Shawn.

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines and giving us the opportunity to be of assistance to you.

We can certainly assist you with your request. There are 15 cabanas on Half Moon Cay. Numbers 1-6 are in a slightly busier section of the beach while 7-15 are a little further down and less crowded. For some reason #10 seems to be the most requested cabana. I would be happy to forward this correspondence on to the Shore Excursion Team on board the Ecstasy and they will put cabana #10 aside for you. Please visit them at the Shore Excursion desk when you board the ship for your cruise to finalize your booking and collect your ticket.

Please let me know if you are happy with Cabana #10.

Kind Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

And of course I said #10 would be great! I'm so excited I can't wait for November to get here!!!!!

Shawn

@JsJJkelly I also have Cabana #10 reserved for November. From your clock I believe we will be sailing one week apart. I'm sail on the 10th of Nov.

As for reserving a specific cabana, I tried this morning and about two hours later I got this reply:

shoreexcursions@carnival.com

8:01 AM (3 hours ago)cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me

cleardot.gif

Good morning ,

Thank you for contacting Tour Operations. Upon embarkation, please make your way to the shore excursion desk and speak with the onboard shore ex team in regards to the cabana you would like to secure.They will be able to advise what cabanas are available.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Tour Operations

So I believe that it depends on who gets your email and what kind of mood they are in on whether or not you get the cabana that you wanted.

As for reserving a specific cabana, I tried this morning and about two hours later I got this reply:

shoreexcursions@carnival.com

8:01 AM (3 hours ago)cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me

cleardot.gif

Good morning ,

Thank you for contacting Tour Operations. Upon embarkation, please make your way to the shore excursion desk and speak with the onboard shore ex team in regards to the cabana you would like to secure.They will be able to advise what cabanas are available.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Tour Operations

So I believe that it depends on who gets your email and what kind of mood they are in on whether or not you get the cabana that you wanted.

It appears that many needed to send the request several times before getting their yes.

Ok!!! Got this back today!!! I have no idea what the determining factor is for them to reserve the cabana from a email....

Good Day Jo,

Thank you for contacting the Shore Excursion Department and we are happy to be of assistance.

I'm happy to confirm cabana #10 for you for your upcoming cruise.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise on the Carnival Fascination.

Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

So here's a new twist....Got this e-mail Thursday night around 10pm:

Dear Mr. Peters,

Please be advised that we came across that cabana no.12 has been reserved a month ago by another guest.

Please note that the closest available cabana to your original request is cabana no. 14 and we will go ahead and reserve that cabana number for you.

In addition please disregard below email send two days ago and note that cabana no. 14 has been assigned to you.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to you.

Please visit shore excursion desk upon arrival on the Carnival Pride and we will assist you.

If there is anything else we can do for you, Please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

What I'd like to know is, if they have been assigning cabana numbers as long as a month ago (as the e-mail says) why are some of you getting "No's" to your requests?

Oliver

Per John Heald (on his FB page), the shore excursion folks are NOT supposed to be doing this and the practice will be coming to an end shortly. Consider yourselves lucky if you were able to snag your cabana ahead of time.

I sure wish they'd do it the way HAL does (you pick your cabana when you book/pay for it). Seems the only fair way.

Ok!!! Got this back today!!! I have no idea what the determining factor is for them to reserve the cabana from a email....

Good Day Jo,

Thank you for contacting the Shore Excursion Department and we are happy to be of assistance.

I'm happy to confirm cabana #10 for you for your upcoming cruise.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise on the Carnival Fascination.

Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Same email I received except for, of course, a different date.

If the practice of allowing guests to requests numbers via email stops, then I am extra appreciative of the advice on this thread.

Archived