Thanks Lester! Great Tour..

Angel

We just return from our cruise on the galaxy to the panama canal. We booked our tour with Lester and Oregon Tours. Sure enough there was Lester waiting at the pier for us. There were 6 of us, and I asked if another couple could join our tour and he was happy to have them along.

We did the canal tour and banana plantation and coastal highlights. It was very good. He even took us to a local store to buy coffee and was very good about making sure we knew how much things costs and what we needed to pay. He really made our stop in Costa Rica Special. Thankyou Lester for a great day!!!

I dont think your kids at that age would really enjoy this tour. It is mostly seating and seeing the country side and going up the canal. I think you can find something with more adventure like you said. I think there are lots of choices that you can choose fun. Have a great cruise.

Angel,

Thank you for your honest reply. Nothing worse than bored kids on an excursion. They've already told me that they hate planning, just book "REALLY FUN" stuff and tell them when we're going! Their most fun times (and ours, I must admit) have been horseback riding on the beach in Mazatlan, ATV riding in Cabo and Jeeping it in Cozumel! Boy, my parents took me for LONG, BORING, car rides in the BORING MOUNTAINS!!! Maybe if I'd been honest with my parents, I could have had more fun family vacations as a kid!!

Happy cruising to you too!

Bobbie

Do you think kids, ages 14 and 10, would enjoy this tour? My kids love adventure tours like ATV, jeeps and horseback riding. Is this adventure enough??!!

We took our 12 and 14 YO girls on this tour. They enjoyed it very much. They loved seeing the flora and fauna on the canal boat. They also really liked the banana plantation. My 14 was really liked by the banana workers. She looks a bit older than 14. :-) She was given some Del Monte stickers.

For children 12 and under the boat portion ($20) is waived.

I highly recommend Lester. He is really nice and has a nice van.

Regards

• 2 months later...

Archived