ANyone stay at Hotel Port-Royal in Quebec city

I can't speak for the hotel itself, as I've never stayed there, but it certainly looks very nice from the outside. And you really can't get much closer to the port: basically as you exit the terminal, cross the parking lot (not that big) and walk along the entrance/exit (there's a sidewalk) to the traffic light. Cross, pass the gas station/corner store, and Port-Royal is the building right behind. It might take you all of 5 minutes, if you have to wait for the light :D.

Thanks Twick. Great info as usual. Can I assume the "neighborhood" is a short safe walk to the entrance to the old town?

Can you see the waterfront and ship/boat traffic from the hotel? Or is it too far to see from the front of the hotel?

You can't actually see the terminal or ships from the hotel, not because it's too far, but because there's a big building blocking the view. Actually, for a view of ships in port (well, wharf 22), your best bet is actually the Auberge Saint-Antoine, but due to the position of the terminal building (and aforementioned big building), it's a slightly longer walk, say by 3-4 minutes.

The neighbourhood has been extensively 'gentrified', and is quite safe these days. I would qualify it as part of Old Québec - Lower Town - but obviously not part of the walled Upper Town, which is a short but steep walk up the hill (you can also use the funicular to go up).

Thanks for the info. We did book the hotel and look forward to staying a couple extra post cruise nights. The hotel has been getting very good reviews on tripadvisor lately. The area weems ideal for just strolls ..or climbs around the old city.

Archived