Cabin allocation

wilson2579

Question for the regular MSC cruisers. When I booked, through a TA, for my October cruise, the TA gave me a cabin number but stipulated this would not be my cabin but only for reference.:confused: I would not have booked this cabin.:( I now see the sailing is fully booked so I am a little concerned that I am stuck with this cabin. Any thoughts please.

Question for the regular MSC cruisers. When I booked, through a TA, for my October cruise, the TA gave me a cabin number but stipulated this would not be my cabin but only for reference.:confused: I would not have booked this cabin.:( I now see the sailing is fully booked so I am a little concerned that I am stuck with this cabin. Any thoughts please.

Have your TA call MSC.

Thanks joybaby. Called my TA this afternoon and they said cabins aren't allocated until 2 days before sailing!!!!!!!!!:confused: I still have a cabin number on my web check in that I would rather not have had.:mad: Think the TA was talking rubbish to be honest.

Thanks joybaby. Called my TA this afternoon and they said cabins aren't allocated until 2 days before sailing!!!!!!!!!:confused: I still have a cabin number on my web check in that I would rather not have had.:mad: Think the TA was talking rubbish to be honest.

Sorry, I tend to agree that your TA is talking rubbish. If you book a GTY cabin you don't get a cabin number at the time of booking and don't find out your cabin until closer to sailing - normally when the tickets are issued 1-2 weeks before. You are just guaranteed a cabin of that category or higher. However whenever I've been given a cabin number at the time of booking, that's the cabin I've ended up with. There are occasions when they'll make a chance (say you are 2 people in a quad and they need a quad for 4 people). They'll give you something similar or even an upgrade. Never heard of having a cabin number from the start and not knowing your cabin number until 2 days before.

Try calling MSC UK directly. They may be able to await. There is also the possibility they'll say because you booked with a TA the TA needs to call.

Sorry, I tend to agree that your TA is talking rubbish. If you book a GTY cabin you don't get a cabin number at the time of booking and don't find out your cabin until closer to sailing - normally when the tickets are issued 1-2 weeks before. You are just guaranteed a cabin of that category or higher. However whenever I've been given a cabin number at the time of booking, that's the cabin I've ended up with. There are occasions when they'll make a chance (say you are 2 people in a quad and they need a quad for 4 people). They'll give you something similar or even an upgrade. Never heard of having a cabin number from the start and not knowing your cabin number until 2 days before.

Try calling MSC UK directly. They may be able to await. There is also the possibility they'll say because you booked with a TA the TA needs to call.

Thanks that was what I thought. The cabin I have been given is an inside (which I asked for) but is right at the very front with quite a bit of white spaces!!!! around. So I don't really know what will be beside me.

Hmm!

As a retired T A never heard of this one before?

A guaranteed stateroom is not normally allocated until departure.

Could be your TA had a group booking on the go in which they would have had an allocation of cabins with numbers on sale.

I would check with your T A again!

Thanks that was what I thought. The cabin I have been given is an inside (which I asked for) but is right at the very front with quite a bit of white spaces!!!! around. So I don't really know what will be beside me.

White space, could be storage cupboard or staff lift!

White space, could be storage cupboard or staff lift!

Staff lift!!!!!!:eek:

Thanks for your advice Dinkey. It looks like the TA allocated my cabin without telling me this was my actual one. A bit late now as the cruise is full:mad:

May I ask what your cabin number is so I can have a look at the deckplan? I konw the Fantasiaclass of ships very well as I have sailed three times on them.

Cabin 10019. Any feedback would be grateful. This was the highest grade of inside (3) would hate to be on grade 1:eek:

Change TAs! Not being able to get what you want is one thing. But being given a cock & bull story is completely different. You can't trust what this TA says.

Change TAs! Not being able to get what you want is one thing. But being given a cock & bull story is completely different. You can't trust what this TA says.

Bob -Don't think it is that easy as I have paid a deposit. Phoned them again a couple of hours ago and they still maintain I have a guarantee cabin which won't be allocated until a few days before sailing.:rolleyes: I have never been in a cabin so far forward before, so hoping for calm seas.;)

Bob -Don't think it is that easy as I have paid a deposit. Phoned them again a couple of hours ago and they still maintain I have a guarantee cabin which won't be allocated until a few days before sailing.:rolleyes: I have never been in a cabin so far forward before, so hoping for calm seas.;)

You could try calling MSC UK to see if there is anyway they'll take over the booking as you're dissatisfied with your TA.

Cabin 10019. Any feedback would be grateful. This was the highest grade of inside (3) would hate to be on grade 1:eek:

I had a look at the deckplan and in my opinion there's nothing wrong with the location of this cabin. It's in the end of the corridor, then less traffic from fellow passengers and the rooms in front seems to be stores for the crew. That could be linen, towels etc, in another words, stuff that they need in the daily cabin cleaning. In addition all cabins are very well noiseinsulated. I wouldn't worry at all. It's also a good base for moving around the ship as you have lifts and a staircase a few cabins down the corridor:) They will bring you straight to the pooldeck:)

But your TA.....you will always be assigned to a cabin number within desired category when you book. And you can change if there are other available cabins. A good advice is to always have the deckplan in hand when you book a cruise and ask for available cabins.

I had a look at the deckplan and in my opinion there's nothing wrong with the location of this cabin. It's in the end of the corridor, then less traffic from fellow passengers and the rooms in front seems to be stores for the crew. That could be linen, towels etc, in another words, stuff that they need in the daily cabin cleaning. In addition all cabins are very well noiseinsulated. I wouldn't worry at all. It's also a good base for moving around the ship as you have lifts and a staircase a few cabins down the corridor:) They will bring you straight to the pooldeck:)

But your TA.....you will always be assigned to a cabin number within desired category when you book. And you can change if there are other available cabins. A good advice is to always have the deckplan in hand when you book a cruise and ask for available cabins.

Thanks Norwegian cruiser, I feel a bit better about the cabin now. When I have booked previous cruises I have always had cabin numbers ready for the TA but this time I was assured this cabin number was only needed to go ahead with the booking and it was not going to be my cabin. I wasn't worried until I saw the cruise was nearly fully booked and on the MSC web check in this cabin number was showing. I have no doubt the TA is not being completely honest here:(

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I figured that you were stuck with this TA for this trip. I was referring to future bookings.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I figured that you were stuck with this TA for this trip. I was referring to future bookings.

Thanks Bob, This is the 2nd cruise I have booked with this TA but won't use them again as I have lost my trust in them. Definitely feel they are not being truthful.

Thanks Bob, This is the 2nd cruise I have booked with this TA but won't use them again as I have lost my trust in them. Definitely feel they are not being truthful.

Try e mailing MSC direct. Explain the situation and what the TA has told you. Although the ship looks full, until eight weeks before MSC will have allocated certain cabins out as,(groups) These are then sold as single bookings by TA's and any unsold released back to the cruise line. So you may get lucky before you go.

Also, is the agency independent or part of a chain? Is it worth a note to HO?

However, if you got a good deal and cabin location good stick with it. I have changed cabins before only to regret it

Try e mailing MSC direct. Explain the situation and what the TA has told you. Although the ship looks full, until eight weeks before MSC will have allocated certain cabins out as,(groups) These are then sold as single bookings by TA's and any unsold released back to the cruise line. So you may get lucky before:cool: you go.

However, if you got a good deal and cabin location good stick with it. I have changed cabins before only to regret it

Try e mailing MSC direct. Explain the situation and what the TA has told you. Although the ship looks full, until eight weeks before MSC will have allocated certain cabins out as,(groups) These are then sold as single bookings by TA's and any unsold released back to the cruise line. So you may get lucky before:cool: you go.

I got an excellent deal with flights included so won't grumble too much. Do you think if I got in touch with MSC they would upgrade me to the Yacht Club!!!!!:cool:

Archived