Formal night on Millenuim

kr9457

What nights are formal night? Also, are suits and ties a requirement in Alaska on this ship. When I have a very dressy black dress on and my husband wears dress pants, dress shoes and a polo I think he looks very handsome and dressy. As others have posted for other cruise lines resently there is so much to pack for a 2 week cruisetour and most nights the ship is in port until late.

The evening attire on the Alaska cruise would be the same as it is for other Celebrity cruises.

This is the writeup from the Celebrity Cruise Line Board.

Examples of "Smart Casual & Above" attire include:

Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) complemented by sweater or blouse.

Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

Examples of "Formal" attire include:

Ladies: Cocktail dress, gown, or dressy pantsuit.

Gentlemen: Tuxedo, suit, or dinner jacket with slacks.

Keith

This is the response that I got from Celebrity.

There will be two formal nights scheduled for your cruise. Details regarding which nights will be formal or smart casual vary from sailing to sailing. However, the first formal night is typically held on the second night. We always try to schedule the other formal night on a day at sea or on a day when we are scheduled to arrive back from a port of call early in the afternoon or evening. We never schedule a formal night for the last night. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide more specific information as the formal nights are arranged onboard the day the ship actually sails. Please consult the daily Celebrity News guide once onboard for specific information regarding the other formal nights. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

We just got off our cruise on the Millenium which was June 22 - 29. the cruise was Friday to Friday. Formal nights were Saturday and Wednesday nights. Ours was a southbound cruise.

We're just off the Millie. We had formal night the second night and the second to last night. I saw a number of people being turned away from the dining room for not being dressed up enough. My husband wore a suit and tie both nights. I think every man over 12 or so that I saw was wearing a jacket and tie, if not a suit or tuxedo.

Archived