Ruby Princess 12-16-12 Eastern Carribean

kenchuckie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally found this thread, so it's time to drop in and say Hi!

I am from the US originally, but am a long timer in Asia with my Asian partner. We are doing Christmas in the US and decided to throw in a cruise as part of it.

We'll be seeing you on board very soon. Cheers!

Glad you found us on the forum and glad you are joining. What are your first names? So far we have three couples going on this cruise. :)

I finally found this thread, so it's time to drop in and say Hi!

I am from the US originally, but am a long timer in Asia with my Asian partner. We are doing Christmas in the US and decided to throw in a cruise as part of it.

We'll be seeing you on board very soon. Cheers!

Great to make acquaintances! I'm Blair, and my partner (from China) is Ivan. We have a mini suite booked for the cruise, which should make it all the more enjoyable.

I'll throw out a question here - I would really like to book a day sail when we dock at USVI, but is there realistically enough time? Dock at 7AM, get off the ship by ____ (???), get to the sailboat (perhaps 30-40 minutes away), sail, reverse the process, and be back onboard before 4PM. On top of that, Ivan would probably like to have some time for duty-free shopping before re-boarding. Can we do all this and make a leisurely day out of it, or would we be trying to do too much? Part of my problem is that I really don't know what to expect in the dis/embarkation process in port, and how privately arranged port activities work. Maybe you veterans have some insights or suggestions, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
We will be joining you on this cruise. It's our fifth cruise, first time on Princess.

You are experienced cruisers as well What ships have you been on before? We have been on Carnival once and hated it. The rest have been on Princess.

You are experienced cruisers as well What ships have you been on before? We have been on Carnival once and hated it. The rest have been on Princess.

We have been on Royal. Explorer 2 times, Freedom once and Adventure once.Getting tired of Royal so we are going to try Princess.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone -

We're counting the days now. Can't wait to get out of the freezing cold weather we're in and onto some tropical beaches!

BTW, Ken & Chuck, we decided to book a sail/snorkel on Morningstar Charters in St. Thomas. We've done catamaran snorkel trips in the past, and they were lots of fun. But I'm a sailor at heart, and don't get a chance to sail where we are, so this will be a good opportunity to get some wind in the face on a gorgeous boat.

Looking forward to meeting everyone onboard!

Blair & Ivan

• 2 weeks later...

Archived