Laundry bags

kkdleon

For those curious about the wash and fold laundry service, the bag size has not changed, and they still offer a special mid cruise. Just off the Liberty 7-day sailing and the deal was offered on Tuesday.

1 bag for $15, same day service if picked up by 10 am. I didn't realize at the time it was same day, so imagine my excitement when they knocked on our door at 4:30 pm with our clean clothes. :D

We fit the following into 1 bag, with room for probably 3-4 more shirts

5 pairs of mens shorts (2 cargo, 3 plain front), normally $4/pair

4 t-shirts, normally $2/ea

1 polo, normally $2/ea

Saving $9 or more if we had really filled it up

I have been reluctant to use these services in the past due to fear of shrinking or damaging my clothes. I am sure some issues arise but overall should I be concerned?

We have been platinum for our last 9 cruises and send out laundry about 3x each cruise.

Send out my shirts and underwear, socks and pants and never a problem.

DW will send her underwear, pants and some tops and never a problem.

They wash all together in very hot water.

I'm a lil lost... are we still talking about laundry? :confused:

Maybe I have not yet had enough coffee... you guys are confusing me (and that doesn't take much in the morning) I had to re-click the link just to make sure it was the right thread!

I'm a lil lost... are we still talking about laundry? :confused:

Maybe I have not yet had enough coffee... you guys are confusing me (and that doesn't take much in the morning) I had to re-click the link just to make sure it was the right thread!

Yes it is a little convoluted. Someone talked about laundry perk being abused by some which leads to a discussion of people abusing the Service animal rules. It is off topic and I'm guilty of responding to the Fifi post. Sorry!:o

I'm looking forward to the free laundry but I wish they did not wash in hot water. They need to wash in cold or warm at most. The only items I ever wash in hot at home are white cotton items and white towels. As I don't personally own any white cotton clothing and don't plan to bring towels, I'm concerned about this.

After thinking about it realized 3 bags per person is plenty.

Since it is plenty why in the world do they think it was necessary to restrict us to 3 bags each?

Makes their rationale for doing this (in which they said they could not keep up with current platinum laundry) look ridiculous.

Maybe cruisers were taking advantage of the perk and sending ALL their laundry out the last day so they take home clean clothes? :eek:

• 2 years later...

Just stumbled onto this thread...

I have used the self laundry only once so far and would again if needed. I am nowhere near Diamond status, but if I were, I wouldn't let them do my laundry. Maybe I'm just odd this way, but I do not want some stranger touching my clothes. I have friends who have had clothes ruined that way. Your things get put into a mesh bag (like a sweater bag) and washed with a bunch of other people's mesh bags. Usually all on one temperature and dried that way too. If you have delicate items, you are asking for trouble. I would rather DIY or wash a few things in the sink and hang dry them. Get some Tide sink packs and bring a few plastic hangers to hang the wet items. You can also use the cabin hair dryer to dry that shirt a little faster. :eek: