Am I cutting it close....?

After reading through threads the last two weeks i'm a little concerned about my flight. We are leaving at 9:30am and arriving at Miami Int at 12 noon (Same Day). Am I cutting it too close? Any advice?:confused:

Thanks! BTW this is the best forum around from cruising and I really appreciate all the posters!:D

I think you are fine. Assuming that there are no unforeseen weather problems/delays.

Once we flew in and arrived at 3pm or so in miami and still made it. Close, but we made it.

BUT...if you can fly in earlier that day or the day before that would make things just a little smoother for you.

Anyone have an idea of how long it takes to get from the Miami airport to the pier?:rolleyes:

With traffic...It is like 25-30 minutes. Plus I think you are cutting it way too close what happens if you get delayed and arrive in Miami at 4:05? If I were you I would call my travel agent and schedule a flight out the day before and stay at a hotel and just get a taxi in the morning and drive to the port it is SO much easier and less stressful. :)

If you experience no travel delays you will be OK. If your flight arrives at noon you should have your bags by 1:00PM. Jump in a taxi and you should be at the pier by 1:30PM. Of course if there is any serious delay you might miss the ship. I have to agree with Dan, going down the day before is always the best thing to do.

We arrived in Ft. Lauderdale at 11:30, and waited about 45 minutes for the transfer, and were on the ship by 1:00. As long as you don't run into any delays flying in, you will be fine. I was a little stressed about it, but once we got on our connecting flight, I knew we had plenty of time, and we did. It only took us 35 minutes to get to Miami from Ft. Lauderdale... not sure how far Miami airport is to the pier, but it has to be closer!

I think you are fine. Assuming that there are no unforeseen weather problems/delays.

BUT...if you can fly in earlier that day or the day before that would make things just a little smoother for you.

I agree.

I'll send "good cruising thoughts toward you". :)

Archived