Cruising in 53 days on a mission to lose 30+lbs

smith93m

I know I have waited til the last minute to start a diet before our cruise in September but really want to continue after the cruise for a healthy happier lifestyle :D any suggestions

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I did a low carb diet for 2 weeks, no bread, potato, rice, and etc. I lost 12 pounds in two weeks without exercise. So with exercise and low carb dieting it should be possible.

Thanks that's what I have started with and have lost 4lbs so far probably water weight but a pounds a pound :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you are trying to lose about 1 1/2 pounds per week. That is really reasonable. I don't think you have to even do a low carb diet to do that. Eating healthy foods and watching portions will do it. I gained 40 pounds last year and now am working on losing that and a few more. I'm working out (both cardio and strength) and choosing healthy foods over junk foods.

Good luck.

Sounds like you are trying to lose about 1 1/2 pounds per week. That is really reasonable. I don't think you have to even do a low carb diet to do that. Eating healthy foods and watching portions will do it. I gained 40 pounds last year and now am working on losing that and a few more. I'm working out (both cardio and strength) and choosing healthy foods over junk foods.

Good luck.

Michelle - I think your math might be off. OP said they want to lose 30+lbs by September! They said 53 days...so 30lbs in 53 days. Doesn't sound reasonable to me....

Losing 1-2 lbs a week would be more healthy for anyone who wants to actually make a lifestyle change and keep the weight off. So, that's more like 15lbs before their cruise.

Michelle - I think your math might be off. OP said they want to lose 30+lbs by September! They said 53 days...so 30lbs in 53 days. Doesn't sound reasonable to me....

Losing 1-2 lbs a week would be more healthy for anyone who wants to actually make a lifestyle change and keep the weight off. So, that's more like 15lbs before their cruise.

Your right 15 does sound healthier and I am trying to eat healthier and tracking my stuff of myfitnesspal screen name the same if you wanna add me :) I started at 215lbs exactly 2 weeks ago and have lost 14.5 so far I know that's not realistic for ever week so I will be happy with any pound loss :D My sister has lost over 70lbs in the last year and a half and she is one of my biggest motiovations besides wanting to be healthier and live longer :D:D

Well, I was going to suggest you go to myfitnesspal.com but looks like you are alreadt doing that!! I do think that it allows you to be successful and that it is sustainable beyond the date of your cruise (I have a similar thread on here..."the 100 day challenge" before our cruise). If you are looking for support, feel free to add me on MFP, I have the same screen name there.

Best of luck and congrats on your loss to date!

Low carb IS a very healthy way to not only lose weight but also as a lifestyle change! Grains and sugars are very unhealthy for anyone! Two slices of whole grain bread raises a persons blood sugar as much as eating a snickers bar. Too bad people are still telling other people that it is unhealthy or unrealistic. You can get all the carbs your body needs from vegetables. In addition, sugar and carbs actually cause heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and even Alzheimers and there is tons of research to support that and the inflammatory response they cause in the body. Fat is good for you, even saturated fat which people just do not want to believe. Don't believe me? How about a heart surgeon?

http://www.preventdisease.com/news/12/030112_World-Renown-Heart-Surgeon-Speaks-Out-On-What-Really-Causes-Heart-Disease.shtml

Another good resource is the documentary "Fathead". It is on Netflix and is a great watch and very eye opening!

I think you could lose a lot in 2 months on low carb depending on how strictly you follow the plan. I have lost 55 pounds in 8 weeks by cutting all sugar, soda, starchy vegetables and ALL grains. I personally follow Atkins because I find it the lifestyle that makes the most sense for me. It is not a diet, it is an eating plan for life and emphasizes healthy fats, meats and veggies. Any "diet" that you follow and then go off will result in gaining the weight back and probably even more.

Well added another lb to the loss count making it 15.5 as of this morning. Started Insanity this evening the fit test really kicked my butt :D but will all be worth it in the end 59 more days to go will be on week seven on our cruise so looks like it will just be a gym/track week

I'm using lose it, so I can't add you guys :(. I might need to switch but lose it has been great so far lol.

I see you use tapatalk, do you like it? Trying to decide if I want to pay for it.

I use lose it to but only for weight tracking cause it has my orginal starting weight and I couldn't seem to fix it after I started mfp my screen name is the same on both except for on loseit its my email smith93m@gmail.com you can add me if you want to.

I like the tapatalk makes it real easy to use the forums on my phone I also think there is a free one out there you may want to search before you buy :)

I use lose it to but only for weight tracking cause it has my orginal starting weight and I couldn't seem to fix it after I started mfp my screen name is the same on both except for on loseit its my email smith93m@gmail.com you can add me if you want to.

I like the tapatalk makes it real easy to use the forums on my phone I also think there is a free one out there you may want to search before you buy :)

Hmm well i did search tapatalk but only see the 2.99 ones, unless it's under another name....

Not like 2.99 will break me lol I just like to know it's worth it before investing. lol

Well today was a workout in its self. Then there was day 2 of Insanity down :D I hope it is worth it in the end cause hours later and my body is still tingling from that crazy workout :) I think I'm doing really good with my eating and lots of water and no caffeine in two and a half weeks :)

Well yesterday was really hard took me starting insanity twice but the second time I got the whole workout in :) I kinda feel like I'm not losing but its probably just me down another lb so that is 16 so far so many many more to go. Day 4 of insanity this evening really hope my legs feel a little better by this evening so sore. Oh well hope everybody has a great day!!

I started insanity and it took me the first week of work outs before my legs stopped being stiff. And pretty much into week 3 before they'd quit hurting during the workout. Stick with it. It gets better and really works if you actually do it - but man is it tough to stick with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started insanity and it took me the first week of work outs before my legs stopped being stiff. And pretty much into week 3 before they'd quit hurting during the workout. Stick with it. It gets better and really works if you actually do it - but man is it tough to stick with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna stick with it got about 70 to 80 lbs I want to lose but glad to know it will get somewhat better :D

• 4 weeks later...
I'm using lose it, so I can't add you guys :(. I might need to switch but lose it has been great so far lol.

I see you use tapatalk, do you like it? Trying to decide if I want to pay for it.

Hey...I'm using Loseit as well. In just over a month I've lost 9.5 lbs. Can't wait to hit that 10LB mark! My cruise is in just under two months and I'm excited to see how much i'll have lost by that time.

A friend showed me the free app for iPhone and I started using it that day. I've cut out carbs from my diet and added more whole foods. Also cut sugar. I still have my one cup of coffee a day but just water after that.

It really takes dicipline but it can be done. My goal is to loose 20 more lbs and I should do that easily by the end of the year.

Oh and I upped my excersize by adding cardio and weights.

Good luck to every one!

V

Hey...I'm using Loseit as well. In just over a month I've lost 9.5 lbs. Can't wait to hit that 10LB mark! My cruise is in just under two months and I'm excited to see how much i'll have lost by that time.

A friend showed me the free app for iPhone and I started using it that day. I've cut out carbs from my diet and added more whole foods. Also cut sugar. I still have my one cup of coffee a day but just water after that.

It really takes dicipline but it can be done. My goal is to loose 20 more lbs and I should do that easily by the end of the year.

Oh and I upped my excersize by adding cardio and weights.

Good luck to every one!

V

That great on the loss. Only 9 more day till we cruise and only 3 more lbs to hit 30 had a bad day today though Hubby's Birthday so just had a small pick of cake and man was it gooood:D Back on track tomorrow:)

Archived