Freedom with 54 Surprise Guests, $6513, and Justin Bieber :)

Oh my gosh, I am so enjoying reading about your cruise. What a wonderful surprise for your husband. I'm doing this same cruise in early November, also to celebrate my 50th (although just with 3 girlfriends instead of a group of 54) and its been so much fun to read about about your adventures and see some pictures of the various places and beaches that I'll be at soon. Can't wait for the finish! And to hear about your recommendations for Nassau.

Oh my gosh, I am so enjoying reading about your cruise. What a wonderful surprise for your husband. I'm doing this same cruise in early November, also to celebrate my 50th (although just with 3 girlfriends instead of a group of 54) and its been so much fun to read about about your adventures and see some pictures of the various places and beaches that I'll be at soon. Can't wait for the finish! And to hear about your recommendations for Nassau.

Thank you! Happy early birthday- you are going to have such a good time- and to have 3 great friends with you is so awesome! 50 is the new 30! :D

Cruise Elegant Night, Comedy and Dancing with Jay and Justin Wears a Tie

We thoroughly enjoyed our “private shared cocktail party.” It is so nice to be in a venue and have excellent service all to yourself to be able to chat and laugh. I would highly recommend scheduling these with your group, or even roll call. I think you need 25 people? But the price is right, and it is a fun thing to look forward to! Even the kids loved it- open bar on smoothies and soda definitely made them happy.

One thing I have forgotten to mention in this review is that there was a Carnival Events lady on our ship who works with the Group Planner in Miami. She was amazing! She showed up at all our planned events, made sure things were going well, and was so welcoming and pleasant. She, once again, was at the Disco and double checking that the music was good, the drinks were flowing, and that we were all having a good time. Say what you will, but I never experienced anything but excellent customer service from Carnival on this entire cruise!

But, I digress . . . Our group made its way up to dinner, and we were all excited because of the menu. It was great to see everyone dressed up- I am not one who notices what anyone else in the dining room wears, but I do love to see our kiddos decked out (it is a rarity at home). We had a number of people in our group wearing long gowns, and they looked awesome! I wore a dress that is pure bling- I think it makes me look like a disco ball- LOL- but it is comfortable and I can eat and dance in it! (Which are the two top criterion for me in selecting cruise elegant attire).

I ordered the Chateaubriand, but we had just about one of every entree on our table, including the Yam and Cheddar Pot Pie. Everything was good for the most part, except my beef was quite tough. But my DH’s was beef was good, and I was already stuffed, so all was well. The Yam thing was actually pretty darned good BTW. It is not something I would have ordered, but it was tasty!

Carnival brought two new comedians on board for four new shows. We decided we would try and hit the second family friendly show and then the first R-rated show. I cannot remember either of the comedians’ names- but one had puppets. He was pretty funny, and once again, it seemed a little challenging for him to keep it PG. The people that were sitting in the MDR one table over came over and sat down with us before the second act, which was fun. They were really nice. I was worried we had been a bit loud at dinner, but apparently they didn’t mind.

While we were waiting for the act to start, Irish George got up on stage pointed me out in front of the crowd and made a few comments, mostly to do with some of my anatomy looking younger than my actual age- which he also announced, thank you very much. (And for the record, it is definitely not the case- my girls are clearly not "new"- they even droopier than my mom was! Way TMI, I know . . . sorry! :eek:) I was pretty darned embarrassed, but mostly just laughing. Thank goodness for the cocktail party beforehand or I would have been mortified. He did agree, however, that my dress looked like a disco ball. Our group was sitting way in back, nowhere near the danger zone, so the razzing came out of left field. I think I figured out who the culprit was, as one of our friends thought it would be funny to tell him it was my birthday (although it was long over.) All I can say is that a payback may be in his near future . . . J. Irish George went on and told one of the raunchiest jokes I have heard, funny . . . . but, YIKES!

The second comedian was so-so- pretty funny sometimes, a then he would be a little awkward. He did have a few hysterical moments. However, I was distracted and checking the arms of the chairs- I didn’t want anyone to get metal shards in their hands again. Insurance geek alert! But, we definitely enjoyed the show. Kudos to Carnival for providing so many options for comedy shows on our sailing! We then decided to check out Music Motion for a few minutes. They are really fun, and seemed to have a little more of a crowd than earlier in the cruise- but it was still a bit sparse.

Then we moved back into the Swing Time Lounge to watch “Groovy Tunes with Jay” again. He had a nice crowd there already, and we all danced and sang and had a great time until closing. Justin Beiber made his appearance again on the dance floor. We dressed Justin up in a striped tie for Cruise Elegant Night- we thought he should look his best! After days of asking Jay to play some Beiber, we actually had a breakthrough! We actually got Jay to sing “I am a Believer”- but we changed the words to “I am a Bieleber”. That was some amazing progress!

We had a great night! My DH and I pooped out a little early (at midnight), and woke up the next morning to find out that our group was out until 2am. They are a plucky bunch, that is for sure.

Next up . . . Nassau, a Broken Engine, and our last day on the Freedom! (Boo, Hiss)

Edited by myfamilyluvs2cruise

I uploaded my pictures to Shutterfly (I already had an account and I am not on Facebook). Then you click to open a picture in the album, once it is big- hit right click- copy- and then put the mouse on the CC page where you want it - right click- and paste. Very easy!

Okay, so I had to try this.

ry%3D400

cool, it worked!

okay, back to our regularly-scheduled programming. :)

kr8z - more cowbell!! :D love that! :)

Edited by cruisin*tigger

We just emailed Jay some pictures! Do you think it is inappropriate to go on a few roll calls and ask people to stop by and mention Justin Bieber? I am not sure if that is OK, but it sure would be fun for him.

Do it!! I think he'd get a kick out of it. :cool:

I'm loving your review. I too teared up reading the very first post about the big surprise and then I just couldn't stop reading. I wish I could get a big group of friends/family together on a cruise at the same time, but it's so hard to work around everyone's schedules. I don't know how you did it, but you are my hero!! LOL

Okay, so I had to try this.

ry%3D400

cool, it worked!

okay, back to our regularly-scheduled programming. :)

kr8z - more cowbell!! :D love that! :)

Is it supposed to look like post-in notes? :D

more cowbell, more review!

This has to be one of my favourite Cruise Critic reviews ever! I, too, got choked up reading your first post and then spent the rest of the review wishing I was on this cruise with you all. What a wonderful group of people you seem to be! Thanks for taking the time to share how things turned out, I'm glad it all had such a happy ending :)

This has to be one of my favourite Cruise Critic reviews ever! I, too, got choked up reading your first post and then spent the rest of the review wishing I was on this cruise with you all. What a wonderful group of people you seem to be! Thanks for taking the time to share how things turned out, I'm glad it all had such a happy ending :)

Thank you!!!! I appreciate your kinds words so much ! :D Join us next time!

What a great review! I would like to stowaway on your next vacation...you are a great planner!

Thank you so much! I am just so happy it all came together. I was more nervous that most of the people there just trying to make sure it all worked out. Next time we do a group cruise it will be much easier . . . :D