Please Help....Serenade Tender Advice in Cannes

PamIam

I am sailing on the Sep 2 Serenade and Cannes is our first stop .I need some advice... I have arranged a private tour for a group of 8 in Cannes and wondered how early the tenders started and what time did someone stand in line to get tickets for the tender. I know priority goes to RC Tours and concierge serviced suites. Is it possible to get 8 tickets so your group stays together.If we're in port at 9:00 am, what is a realistic timeframe for getting to shore so I can communicate that to our tour operator. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. :p

Thank you!

I am also interested in hearing of recent tendering experience. We're on the serenade in October. The tour company I've booked with says the port shows our ship arriving at 815 am. I plan to be down bright and early for tender tickets!

Am surprised you did not get a quick response to your question. Tender operations are subject to many changing factors such as the actual time they are able to get the tenders away, the wind, sea conditions, local authorites granting clearance, etc. On RCI they do give priority to the suites, cruise line excursion groups, and Diamond/Diamond Plus cruisers. Generally, the remainder of the independent cruisers will be told to report to a specific lounge at a certain time in the morning to get a tender ticket. You and your entire group would want to go a bit early (as a group) and get your tender tickets (so you get on the same tender). There is no way to accurately predict when you will actually get ashore but if they do drop anchore at 8:15 there will still be many folks trying to get off at 9:30. If you get lucky and get on a very early tender you might be ashore by 9. If the seas are a bit rough the entire process can really become a slow mess...so pray for good conditions.

Hank

Thanks so much for your information. So does the private group of 8 have to be together to receive the tender tickets or can one person from the group collect 8 tickets?

When they notify passengers about where to go to get their tender tickets (it will usually be in the daily schedule and will often be mentioned by the cruise director the evening before you get to a port) they will tell you that all members of a group should go together to get their tender tickets. We have been on some cruises where one person could simply ask for 8 tickets without a problem...but on other cruises they have insisted that all members of the group be present in the appropriate lounge to get tickets. The tender tickets are either color coded or numbered and they will only make an annoucement for your tender in the appropriate lounge as which time everyone on that tender immedately heads out of the lounge and down to the tender station. If members of your group are missing they would miss the tender.

Hank

When they notify passengers about where to go to get their tender tickets (it will usually be in the daily schedule and will often be mentioned by the cruise director the evening before you get to a port) they will tell you that all members of a group should go together to get their tender tickets. We have been on some cruises where one person could simply ask for 8 tickets without a problem...but on other cruises they have insisted that all members of the group be present in the appropriate lounge to get tickets. The tender tickets are either color coded or numbered and they will only make an annoucement for your tender in the appropriate lounge as which time everyone on that tender immedately heads out of the lounge and down to the tender station. If members of your group are missing they would miss the tender.

Hank

Really appreciate the info! :)

Archived