Solstice or RCCL

adee74

I'm cruising to Hawaii for the 1st time next year. I would love to cruise with Celebrity but I hear it's a little boring depending upon the person. I'm in my late 30's and my son is nearly an adult. We've cruised Carnival (older ships - hated it), RCCL Allure (absolutely loved it) and now I'm considering Solstice for Hawaii mostly because of the age of the ship and the price secondary. I'd hate to cruise 11 days and be bored on the sea days. Please advise if the Solstice has activities geared for younger and middle-aged people? I'm not a drinker nor gambler, but I don't like to be in bed by 11:00pm either while on vacation. I really enjoy people watching, the late night shows, late spas and just meeting people.

Thanks

I'd highly recommend rccl based on the profile you provided. your son will thank you and you will not be bored. Celebrity is lovely but the activity level is so much lower than rccl there can really be no comparison. take celebrity is a few years!

Since the RCI ships that do Alaska runs are older, smaller ships (compared to their three newer classes of ships) they will not really offer much more venue wise over Solstice (i.e. no ice skating, flo rider type activities) - but they will have a lower average age and more nightlife than Solstice. There also will be more people your child's age on RCI than Celebrity. Celebrity will provide you with a bit more of an upscale, elegant experience - but based on what you described and that you have a teenager with you, I personally think RCI would be the better fit.

Archived