Mount Floyen (Bergen) - accept credit cards ?

RICO72

I shall be visiting Bergen on Ventura and intend to go up Mount Floyen via the funicular. I have done this before but, for the life of me, cannot remember whether the manned ticket office accepts credit cards as payment. I know the automated machines only accept cash but what about the ticket office - any help please ?

I shall be visiting Bergen on Ventura and intend to go up Mount Floyen via the funicular. I have done this before but, for the life of me, cannot remember whether the manned ticket office accepts credit cards as payment. I know the automated machines only accept cash but what about the ticket office - any help please ?

From http://www.floibanen.com/prices-and-tickets/

There are ticket machines at all the Fløibanen stations, including the lower station and up on Fløyen, where passengers can purchase tickets. The ticket machines are based on cash payment with coins (1, 5, 10 and 20 kroner coins) or notes (50, 100 or 200 kroner). The ticket machines are based on self service and have a smaller selection of ticket types than that available at the ticket office. Passengers can purchase single and return tickets for the intermediate stations at the ticket machines. Tickets for children and adults must be purchased separately when using the ticket machines.

Dont really know for sure, we paid cash at the ticket office, but i would be surprised if they didnt, as when we were on Arcadia month ago, the info given on the port presentations, on the cabin tv, said credit cards were wideley used in Norway, even for such things a just buying 1 cup of coffee, so given that, i would say more than a possibilty they would.

Perhaps you could ask on board, and then purchase some kronas from reception if necessary, or in doubt.

Archived