Successful excursions w/ divers & non-divers

Kryssa

I'm trying to set something up at one of our ports where my family of 7 goes to a beach resort where the 3 divers can do 2 dives and the 4 non-divers can relax on the beach. Then we eat lunch and spend the afternoon on the beach together before heading back to the ship.

Has anyone done this before? Usually the divers go off and dive and the beachers go off to the beach and we meet back on the ship before dinner. There are a 3-4 hours in there we could be spending together if we could do both at the same place.

Our ports for the next cruise in case anyone has any suggestions:

St. Croix

St. Kitts

Dominica

Grenada

St. Thomas

Thank you!

Another thought I just had was maybe charting a sailboat for my family if I can find one that will pack us some tanks and weights. We have all of the other gear. Has anyone heard of anyone doing this?

I haven't done anything like that at the ports you are asking about. However, I have chartered an entire fast boat from Blue Angel in Cozumel where we had divers and "snorkelers".

We dropped off diving, spent our surface interval "next to a beach", then made a shallow dive and snorkeling run.

If you make your own arrangements, the operator should be happy to charter his boat. You just have to persevere and work a deal.

• 1 year later...

We dove in Grenada last year using Eco Dive & Trek and they were great. I can't speak to non-divers, but we were on a cruise, as well - and Eco Dive met us at our pier and walked us to a nearby pier where their dive boat picked us up. A couple minutes walk - I bring them up only because they met us right there, didn't have to get a cab or hire a driver, which is great. Non-divers could find something else to do from the pier. :)

Archived