Orlando to Port Canaveral

Does anyone happen to know of a car rental company that's open for a Sunday pickup? We're looking at a Sunday sailing, and would fly in Saturday. The trip to PC isn't a problem, but I'm concerned about the trip back to Orlando, because we'd have to pick up a car on Sunday. Any companies open Sundays, or should we just rent for a week and park it?

Budget is open on Sundays and is located 5 minutes from the pier. they will drop you off at the ship for free. If anything you can buy the transfers from RCL to the airport (one way). they arent to expensive.

If you don't want to rent a car, many here use Art's Shuttle. They are very reliable and we see them all the time dropping off and picking up at PC.

We're using Budget. We are arriving on Saturday for our Sunday Cruise and have reserved a Ford Explorer for 4 of us $47.07 (after taxes, etc) to be picked up at Orlando Airport and we will use it in Cape Canaveral and return it on our way to the ship on Sunday. When we return on Sunday, we are picking up another Ford Explorer $61.99 (after taxes, etc) and using it that night in Cape Canaveral and then driving to Orlando Airport the next morning and returning it. For 4 of us, this was the most economical. I guess the second rental is higher because we are reserving on a Sunday instead of a Saturday?!? (who knows!) Still a good deal for 4!

We rented a car from Budget at Orlando airport, we came in a day earlier, and then we returned it the next day. Budget will shuttle you to the ship. It's less than a 10 min. ride. To return to the airport, we used Art's Shuttle. We called ahead, we were a group of 8, and they were waiting for us, with my name on a sign. We had our own private van back to the airport, and it was $95. I would use Art's service again....they were very good.

Hello! Just happened to be reading your board and thought you might like to know about the Cocoa Beach Shuttle service I'm using for my October cruise aboard the Mariner. Their shuttle leaves the Orlando airport daily for Cocoa Beach at 9 am and every two hours thereafter, with the last run at 7 pm. They make runs from Cocoa Beach to the airport starting at 7:30 am, and every two hours thereafter, but I'm not sure when the last run is made. The cost is $30 one way per person. I asked if I had to wait until the shuttle was filled and was told no, when it's time to leave, the shuttle leaves... one passenger or 10, makes no diffference. You can contact them at 1-800-633-0427...ask for Tex and tell him Cindy from Oklahoma recommended his service.

Have a great time!

If you have a group, a limo service could be the ticket. There were six of us that split the limo in Feb and it came out cheaper than us getting two cars to carry all the luggage and passengers. Plus, there is no headaches when you get there, just climb out, get your and your done.

If you are flying a day ahead, I would use a rental car. We did this last February for a Mariner cruise. We flew in early Saturday and had use of a van ($50) for the 24 hours and turned it in in Port Canaveral. We did the same on the return (the rental is a little higher from Port Canveral). This was cheaper than a shuttle and we could go wherever we wanted (dinner, etc.). Pick up and drop off were not a problem at all and their free shuttle to the port was good.

Archived