Closed-loop cruise....Passport required to enter Dominican Republic??

jkjmt

We have a 19-year old traveling with us on a closed loop cruise. We have passports, he does not. Can he enter Dominican Republic with an original of his birth certificate and a photo ID driver's license or college ID???

I just came to ask the same question. I applied for cards for my family - and according to the woman at the prothonotary's office - we'll be able to exit the ship but not reboard, from the DR only. She said all my other ports were fine. Is this true? I'm trying to find definitive info - has anyone sailed there lately? Thanks!

i just came to ask the same question. I applied for cards for my family - and according to the woman at the prothonotary's office - we'll be able to exit the ship but not reboard, from the dr only. She said all my other ports were fine. Is this true? I'm trying to find definitive info - has anyone sailed there lately? Thanks!

not true at all.

The line would not let you on the ship (if that were the case) without passport.

The dr does not check documents in port. (no resources, no offices, no money, no reason to deny coming and goings of travelers.)

Archived