Athens - Taxi fares

themutis

Hi

I was just quoted the following rates from Athens by Taxi. With all the posts about being taken advantage of by the taxi drivers in Athen - I thought I would see what the prearranged rates were.

They seem significantly higher then the rates posted at the airport site of 35EU - but maybe that is the reasonable rate for prearrange rides: http://www.aia.gr/pages.asp?pageid=988&langid=2.

And is 35EU from Athens to the port a reasonable deal - I've searched and found some conflicting pricing about that.

Airport prearranged transfer from or to Athens center..............50 Euros

Airport prearranged transfer from or to Athens center..............65 Euros (from 23:00-05:00)

Athens center prearranged transfer from or to Piraeus Port......35 Euros

Any advice is most appreciated.

My hope is to only do carry-on - so maybe we will consider public transportation if its easy enough. We are staying at the Airotel Parthenon in Athens, if anyone has stayed near there and done public transportation please let me know of your experience.

Google Bob's limo service and ask for a quote. There were 5 of us, so it was more reasonable than if there are 2 of you, so that's something you may want to consider. It was, however, nice to arrive after a LONG flight and have someone waiting to take you to the hotel with no hassle, no making sure you are not getting ripped off. He had a sign with our name on it waiting on us, had the car right outside the terminal. We got in and he took us straight to the hotel door. We also had them lined up to do the transport to the pier. He literally dropped us off at the opening to the tent-like set-up and we walked straight to the desk. He took care of the luggage and then picked us up when we arrived back at the pier. It's not the right choice for everyone, but we really needed the peace of mind and ease of transfer. Price-wise, for us it was even cheaper than a taxi and so simple.

Archived