Schedule for docking in Key West found...

Hey found on the Key West site where it shows what ships will dock where in Key West..... It shows that the Glory ALWAYS is docked out in Boca Chica.....

Anyway.... check it out if you are going to Key West......

http://keywest.com/cruises.htm

There is no dock that will support a cruise ship at Boca Chica Key. Key West Naval AIR Station is located at Boca Chica. The Glory docks at the Outer Mole at the Naval Annex which is located at the western end of Key West,

So from Outer Mole do we have to take some kind of bus in or can we walk? (Key West is a great city to walk - you can get everywhere!)

passengers are not permitted to walk from the OUter Mole into town. The conch trains and trolleys come to the ship and drive you into town and provide return service free of charge. Frankly, it's a royal pain when compared to dismebarking at Mallory Square...

There is no dock that will support a cruise ship at Boca Chica Key. Key West Naval AIR Station is located at Boca Chica. The Glory docks at the Outer Mole at the Naval Annex which is located at the western end of Key West,

THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW!!! I know where the Annex is... how exciting I was thinking geez if we dock at out Boca Chica it will take FOREVER to get on and off I might as well just get a cab instead of the Trolley!

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR THE INFO!

We sailed on the Glory 4/9 and it's a really pretty view sailing into the naval base. If you are interested in going to the beach, there is a beach right near the naval base which the shuttle will drop you off. It's Ft. Zachary Taylor - looks like it's pretty bare in terms of amenities - chairs, snacks, etc. You'll need to take your own things but many people were dropped off there. It took us much longer to get off the ship and get into town than expected. I think it was over an hour. We did the Old Town Trolley tour and it was great. Would recommend it highly. Also, the Conch Train is good too and the location where you start is right where they drop you off in Old Town. We had to walk a block or two to find the Old Town Trolley ticket booth. The overview you get is wonderful and you never could see all of it on your own.

Thanks for the link. We are going to Fort Lauderdale in a few weeks and may take a ride down to Key West for a day. As much as I like cruising i would rather go down there on a day with not too many ships. This schedule really helped..

Archived