Money belt

Pacsafe makes some good products, we use their daybag to carry all of our items (camera, ipad etc).

If you're going to use a backpack, please don't put anything of value in it. We just completed a land tour of Spain and watched two young female pickpockets try to open a tourist's backpack right outside the gates to the royal palace in Madrid. For some reason, they couldn't get it opened and just moved on to the next person with a backpack. The pickpockets are well-known to the local tour guides who pointed them out to us.

We used the neck pouches that had RFID blocking capability. I slipped the cord around my neck and the pouch inside my clothes. They worked like a charm.

For women there is a "bra safe" available (you can order it from Amazon or Ebay) to safely carry money, credit card, etc. It attaches to your bra strap and slips inside your bra. This way there's no strap to go around your neck and hopefully the pickpockets wouldn't be so brazen to go after your valuables there :).

Archived