Epic from Barcelona- Spanish VAT Tax

conandrob240

On the Pearl in April I was paying $4.95 U.S. for a bottle of beer. At the current exchange rate that is a little over 3 pounds. The 16 oz. Budweiser in a metal bottle was $5.50 or about 3.50 in pounds.

Fosters Lager (in a can - not on draught) $6.95

It may well be that the American Brands are less expensive when sailing in or around America? Or maybe NCL have a deal with suppliers of American Brands?

Fosters Lager (in a can - not on draught) $6.95

It may well be that the American Brands are less expensive when sailing in or around America? Or maybe NCL have a deal with suppliers of American Brands?

The one I had in Europe on the Epic was an oil can at that price but it is 24 oz compared to 12 or 16.

Why would you buy alcohol at the "booze shop" on NCL? They don't let you have it for the cruise, do they?

They do not let you have it for the cruise. They store it and you pick it up on the last night. Why would you do that? In our case because they had a great sale on American bar staples that cost a lot more in France. But if we still lived in America we wouldn't see a need to do that.

Ah, got it. Thanks.

The beer prices seem very reasonable to me. They'd be on the lower end of the typical price we'd pay here (NYC area). I' m not overly worried about VAT. I'd just like to pay the the things I know I want to do in advance to avoid it and, unless the exchange rate keeps moving more in our favor, will limit what I purchase to things I really can't get in the US.

Archived