Vancouver, transportation YVR to City?

ChuckinSC

Will be arriving YVR mid afternoon on a weekday, staying at Hyatt Regency in Vancouver for 1 night pre-cruise. My wife and I will have several large bags (approaching 50 pounds each) plus a smaller carry on or two. Is the best option a taxi, or is there a realistically suitable alternative for getting to the hotel? Thanks.

Will be arriving YVR mid afternoon on a weekday, staying at Hyatt Regency in Vancouver for 1 night pre-cruise. My wife and I will have several large bags (approaching 50 pounds each) plus a smaller carry on or two. Is the best option a taxi, or is there a realistically suitable alternative for getting to the hotel? Thanks.

Suggest you check out the Ports of Call- Canada - forum - Vancouver information. There are detailed directions to the Hyatt from the nearest skytrain (transit) given there. It is walkable (3 blocks, flat, no uphill) from the Vancouver City Centre Station which is on the Canada line (the one from the airport).

Thank you. 'Sorry for posting on the wrong board.

it's not the wrong board; this is west coast departures, and you're leaving from the west coast.

Your options are:

Taxi, about $35+tip

Skytrain: $8.75/ea, followed by a 2-3 block walk

Limo: $55+tip (don't book in advance, just grab one at the airport)

In 2009 we used a bus service that goes from the airport to all the downtown hotels (we stayed at Hyatt Regency too). It wasn't too expensive, but I wonder if it's still in business now that Skytrain goes to the airport.

In 2009 we used a bus service that goes from the airport to all the downtown hotels (we stayed at Hyatt Regency too). It wasn't too expensive, but I wonder if it's still in business now that Skytrain goes to the airport.

The one you are thinking of is no longer. There is another one now operating but it is a bit of a milk run taking about an hour and at some $15 one way it makes a cab very attractive ....which I would be taking if I had two 50 lbs suitcases and a couple of carry-ons.

http://aeroshuttleyvr.ca/

My husband and I are planning to use the sky train... it looks like it would work for you too presuming you can haul all your stuff yourselves. Go to http://www.translink.ca and look at it for yourselves. We are going to buy the all day bus passes that allow the sky train use also. People posting on a lengthy Vancouver thread here said to go to the 7-11 at the airport or another place (don't remember the name) to buy the tickets without the $5 service charge per ticket.

My husband and I are planning to use the sky train... it looks like it would work for you too presuming you can haul all your stuff yourselves. Go to http://www.translink.ca and look at it for yourselves. We are going to buy the all day bus passes that allow the sky train use also. People posting on a lengthy Vancouver thread here said to go to the 7-11 at the airport or another place (don't remember the name) to buy the tickets without the $5 service charge per ticket.

Yes, the 7-11 or Pharmasave (a drug store chain here in Canada), both located in the domestic section of the terminal (contrary to what the airport might call it, it's all one big terminal building)

Yes, the 7-11 or Pharmasave (a drug store chain here in Canada), both located in the domestic section of the terminal (contrary to what the airport might call it, it's all one big terminal building)

Pharmasave! Lol that's it! Thanks for the confirmation on where it is. I've looked at a map to try to figure out how far we would need to walk to get tickets but hadn't quite figured it out. Nice to know it is all one building. :)

Pharmasave! Lol that's it! Thanks for the confirmation on where it is. I've looked at a map to try to figure out how far we would need to walk to get tickets but hadn't quite figured it out. Nice to know it is all one building. :)

Exit the terminal, turn right, and walk along the sidewalk until you see the exit for the domestic area. The Pharmasave and 7-11 are on the lowest level.

From there. Skytrain is basically across the roadway, on the top level of the parking structure. There's a walkway from one level above the checkin level for international flights.

Think of the airport as three sections in a row; with the departures level above the arrivals level. Looking from the outside toward the building

DOMESTIC - INTERNATIONAL(nonUSA) - USA (departures level)

DOMESTIC - INTERNATIONAL/USA (arrivals level)

The only sections that aren't really connected are Domestic & International arrivals, hence the walk outside (but it's not that far)

You will find both Pharmasave and 7-11 on level 1 of the domestic area.

Archived