parasailing?

destinydog

I went parasailing on my honeymoon in Jamaica ~ not related to any cruise. It was such a blast. You are on a motorboat and they strap you into a harness that is also attached by a line to the boat. The boat takes off and you start to go up. When it is time to come down, the winch (electronically) you down to the boat again. I loved it.

In fact, my sister and I are on the Ecstasy 06/18/05 and we are trying to find somewhere in Cozumel to parasail. I hear all the "beach resorts" have it. I would highly recommend it.

Can anyone hse dsoe light on this activity, we have never done it before but want to try it....but can someone give us some info on it?

well I can say that carnival cruise lines will STRONGLY reccommend that you not engage in this or wave runners??? why?? who knows???

while at just about every port, you can see a parasailing company up and running!

I say use at your own risk. and expect to pay anywhere from $65-$150, depending on the ride, single or dpuble.

I will also add that we watched intently at orient beach, and dang they go way the heck up there in the sky!!!!!

I've parasailed in Miami Beach, Montego Bay, Hawaii, and most recently (during our Triumph cruise) in St. Thomas. In Hawaii and in St. Tomas DD went with me (she was 6 Y.O. in Hawaii and 8 Y.O in St. Thomas).

It a very mellow, relaxing, quiet ride. It's not all herky/jerky up/down that you might think. On a nice day, the views are spectacular. If you do it, take some type of water-proof camera with you (disposable or otherwise), and take pictures.

Parasailing really is a lot of fun! Give it a try!:D You'll be glad you did!

My husband,son and I are also thinking of doing this. I have always wanted to try it. Does anyone know if you can book the Parasailing on the ship or is it something that you have to do on your own?

Thanks

Ifuonlyknewme :)

You have to do it on your own.

Thanks Liberty

Can you recommend a good place in Cozumel?

I havent personally parasailed in Cozumel, but I found this on the Cozumel Board. Several people mentioned the beach right next to Paradise Beach charges $55 for parasailing. More info here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=131252&highlight=parasailing

Have a great time!! Im scared of heights and I still loved it. Its so nice and peaceful.

I will be at the Nachi Cocum Beach Club in Cozumel. They offer it there. I am doing an all inclusive excursion so I'm not sure if you can just spend the day at the beach or if you have to book the all inclusive to get into the beach club. FYI: This all inclusive does not include parasailing but you do get a 15% discount if booked through http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

HOPE THIS HELPS :-)

Archived