Corfu - Best things to see?

Jools789

I am looking to visit Corfu later in the year but will probably only be able to have a limited amount of time there (A few days at the most).

Can anyone suggest as to what are best places to go to/see in Corfu (our tour company has recommended to stay in the old town but happy to read other suggestions and/or recommendations.

We visited the monastery at Paleokastritsa, on the west side of the island, which is worth seeing. The main attraction for me is the setting, which is unbelievably beautiful. Set on cliffs high above the Ionian sea, lots of beaches in the area. Definitely a wonderful place to spend some time.

We visited the monastery at Paleokastritsa, on the west side of the island, which is worth seeing. The main attraction for me is the setting, which is unbelievably beautiful. Set on cliffs high above the Ionian sea, lots of beaches in the area. Definitely a wonderful place to spend some time.

Definitely go to the Monastery. We took a tour that covered most of the north end of the island as well.

I am looking to visit Corfu later in the year but will probably only be able to have a limited amount of time there (A few days at the most).

Can anyone suggest as to what are best places to go to/see in Corfu (our tour company has recommended to stay in the old town but happy to read other suggestions and/or recommendations.

we had a day in port and used a local car service the driver/owner was a wonderful guide

be sure to see the Empress Sissy's palace-beautiful and historic -about half a day should do it

and the Paleokastritsa is breathtaking-also not a lengthy visit

sweet little towns, olive groves and lovely crescent beaches fronting a turquoise sea

great scenery all around Corfu-

never,ever thought I would be on the Ionian sea-a moment in time...

Archived