how would this work???

been on hold with carnival for over 30 minutes... uhggg... so...
have a friend who booked 1 person per early saver rate. now wants to add 3 more people since kids want to go. im guessing he cant book them at early saver since it is no longer available??? so.. would they be booked at a discount since all in one room? im just wondering how that would pan out??

Guessing you have an answer by now!

I don't book early saver. Well, I did once - and it was for a solo cruise. When I asked my PVP what would happen if I wanted to add a person (if that would be considered a name change and would cost me), he said it would not.

Any additional people are booked at whatever rate is available, for which they qualify, at the time of booking.

If they're past guests and there is a PG rate, or resident rate, they would qualify for that. And the 3rd & 4th guest would be whatever it is.

You can't add people at a rate that isn't currently available, despite having paid for two people when you booked. Your rate just gets cut in half and they're booked at whatever rate is current.

At least that's what I was told. Other people may have different experiences.

[quote name='NCTribeFan']Guessing you have an answer by now!

I don't book early saver. Well, I did once - and it was for a solo cruise. When I asked my PVP what would happen if I wanted to add a person (if that would be considered a name change and would cost me), he said it would not.

Any additional people are booked at whatever rate is available, for which they qualify, at the time of booking.

If they're past guests and there is a PG rate, or resident rate, they would qualify for that. And the 3rd & 4th guest would be whatever it is.

You can't add people at a rate that isn't currently available, despite having paid for two people when you booked. Your rate just gets cut in half and they're booked at whatever rate is current.

At least that's what I was told. Other people may have different experiences.[/quote]

Sounds right to me.

Archived