5 Night Dream Review

tweis

My family and I recently returned from our 5 night double dip on the Disney Dream. My DH and my DS (9) and DS (10) had booked our cruise February 2011 for June 10-15 of 2012. I had alot of time to read reviews during that time so I want to help others out who may have questions. So here we go...

We drove down the day before our cruise left and stayed at the Radisson Resort in Port Canaveral. We left our car there instead of at the Port and that saved us around $90. We took their shuttle to the port around 11:30 because that is the time we selected when we did our on-line check-in. We arrived maybe 10 minutes later. The driver unloaded our luggage and a porter started putting it with all the other luggage to be taken onto the ship. We made our way through security and was directed to a check-in line. There we presented our passports, signature page, and were given our kttw cards and boarding number. We were boarding number 11. We did not even make it out of the line before they called #11. We went through the mickey ears and presented our kttw card and had our picture taken before boarding the Dream. By the way, they do announce you as you walk onto the ship.

We wanted to go get our kids club bands since we didn't have time to get them before boarding, so we went up to the 5th floor and were quickly given bands since we had pre registered on-line. We went into the kids club and it was amazing! So much to do....so little time.

We then made our way down to deck 2 for lunch at Enchanted Garden. They tell you Cabana's is open for lunch but we wanted to avoid some of the crowds so we went to EG. They have a buffet set up with lots of choices! The food was really good.

After lunch we went to see if our stateroom was ready and it was! We had room 6676 which is a deluxe ocean view family stateroom. We had the pull down Murphy bed and the couch converts into a twin also and the regular queen sized bed for DH and I. I have to say this bed was sooo comfortable! We slept like babies. Our room host (Jocy) was great! He took care of all our needs very quickly. We changed into our swim suits and rode the aquaduck and let the kids swim for a little bit before the started covering the pools for the Sail Away Party.

This was our first cruise so we have nothing else to compare it to, but we loved it! Most of the food was really good. I especially liked the french onion soup (RP), potato leek soup (see ya real soon menu), filet w/lobster (RP) Grand Marnier Souffle (RP), creme brulee (RP), wild boar tenderloin (EG), walnut crunch cake (AP), yachtsman filet (see ya real soon menu), and lots of others I am probably forgetting. We also really enjoyed the pizza, paninis, wraps, and chicken tenders around Deck 11. I was disappointed with the Pirate Night menu. It was the one I was really looking forward to but it was just "meh" IMO.

One night in the theater we had a comedy show with Alfred & Seymore. They are hilarious! My kids loved them and Villans Tonight the most. We left the Golden Mickeys early as they didn't care for it and "Believe" was ok.

Castaway Cay is all the wonderful things you have read plus more! We absolutely loved it!! The water is so clear and beautiful. Kids really enjoyed Pelican Plunge. Cookies Too was very yummy also. My kids did not like Scuttle's Cove at all. They thought it was for much younger kids. The one time we dropped them off we were able to check out Serenity Bay. It was beautiful! The water is so clear and there aren't any waves. Lots of loungers with umbrellas and empty hammocks.

We did get off the ship in Nassau to get our passports stamped and to do a little shopping. We only stayed out a couple of hours as it was very hot out. We did get a chance to ride the aquaduck several times and my kids rode the Mickey slide before we got off in Nassau. Probably half the boat gets off so it is alot less crowded.

Over all we loved the Dream and never really felt crowded or had to wait in line very long for anything. The pools are crowded but my children were always able to get in and play. My DH and I never made it to the adult pool. We loved the Dream!!

I will be happy to answer any questions.:)

Great review, quite to the point, which is the best type. We are on this cruise in a couple of weeks and plan on just taking advantage of the ship. After several stops there's nothing in Nassau that interests us anymore. I may hop off and grab a bottle of rum or something, but other than that, we are ship bound. Again great job on the review.

Thank you for this review. While I've been on a number of cruises, this is my first Disney Cruise. I got a couple of great "pointers" from your review that I will certainly put on my "things to do" list.

Archived