Lobster on the Epic

nowake

Does anyone know if you get lobster on the Epic in the MDR? We are sailing Feb. 2013. Or do you have to go to one of the pay dining rooms?

MDR serves small previously-frozen spiny lobster tail, together with some fish. Generally overcooked and chewy. Different species from cold water lobsters. Usually several better choices are available.

MDR serves small previously-frozen spiny lobster tail, together with some fish. Generally overcooked and chewy. Different species from cold water lobsters. Usually several better choices are available.

I agree with the above poster, however if you are planning on perhaps one upcharge restaurant you should look into Cagneys where I believe you can get a whole Maine Lobster broiled, baked or boiled...but not absolutely sure. perhaps another poster can confirm.:D

Kev:cool:

In my experience on the Jewel and the Epic, the lobster in Cagney's ($10 surcharge) was a generously-sized cold water tail (previously frozen). It was baked, removed whole from the shell, dipped in a buttery sauce and placed on the shell. The taste wasn't bad but it was overcooked and somewhat rubbery. It got sent back. I particularly enjoy the lamb and roast beef in Cagney's. Not the lobster.

Gone with cost cutting are the days of good lobster on mainstream cruise ships, I'm afraid (although there may be exceptions). I would suggest getting your lobster at a good seafood restaurant near your house and enjoy the other great options on board. $35 for a frozen, chewy tail (as reported) just isn't worth it. Moderno for $20, by comparison, is out of this world (IMO)

Does anyone know if you get lobster on the Epic in the MDR? We are sailing Feb. 2013. Or do you have to go to one of the pay dining rooms?

Just back off Epic. Lobster was offered on the first night in the Manhattan on my trip, I heard it was always on the menu on the first night ? - amazing - there is no extra charge for eating in the Manhattan. I didn't eat in any of the speciality restaurants so not sure if you could get it there also.

Just back off Epic. Lobster was offered on the first night in the Manhattan on my trip, I heard it was always on the menu on the first night ? - amazing - there is no extra charge for eating in the Manhattan. I didn't eat in any of the speciality restaurants so not sure if you could get it there also.

That's probably why we missed the lobster, we ate at Moderno the first night, so we never saw lobster on the menu.

The new Breakaway ( the exception from above post) sailing from NYC beginning May 2013 has 3 seafood areas designed and run by Master chef Jeffrey Zakarian and will be serving fresh lobster in all sorts of styles. Hope the price is reasonable...but all in all I am psyched the Line is adding seafood to its upcharge menus.:D

Kev:cool:

Archived