Zuiderdam Alaska 2012 - Do you have the Daily Newsletter

If anyone who has been on Zuiderdam to Alaska this season still has their daily newsletters (which outlines the daily activities), is it possible to upload them to this board?

We'll be sailing in a couple weeks, and I'd like to see what the onboard activities are like.

Linda

If anyone who has been on Zuiderdam to Alaska this season still has their daily newsletters (which outlines the daily activities), is it possible to upload them to this board?

We'll be sailing in a couple weeks, and I'd like to see what the onboard activities are like.

Linda

We were on the Zuiderdam 6/30-7/7, but unfortunately I didn't hang onto the newsletters. If you have any specific questions about activities, I may be able to remember. The ones we took part in were daily trivia (usually at noon or 4pm), trivia in the piano bar (7:30pm), the evening shows (8pm or 10pm most nights, although the first night and one other I think there was just one show at 9:30pm). A couple of days there were talks by the travel person Kelly- we went to one about the Gold Rush on the first sea day. I'm kicking myself for not keeping those because they would have been handy when I make a scrapbook. Hopefully someone else has them!

Activities are site seeing. We were on the Zuiderdam in May and when your not in port, you will be scenic cruising the majority of the time. It is beautiful, hard to take your eyes off to do anything else. As the OP said there will be trivia, bingo, all the normal cruise stuff.

Thank you.....

What I am most interested in is the "nature talks". How often do they occur? What did they discuss? I understand naturalists board the ship in Glacier Bay - did they do talks then as well?

While I totally agree about spending most time outside watching the scenery, I bit spoiled as I live on the West Coast of BC and have cruised to Alaska before and spent tons of time travelling our coastline and taking ferries to all the islands up and down the coast, and I love, love, love the area :) But for me I'm looking forward to as much of the "cruise" experience as the "scenery".

So any info on the nature talks would be great. On our last Alaska cruise, we had a naturalist who gave a talk about whales and some of his stories were so amazing. People were crying.

My husband wants to know if the piano bar was good.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Linda

Yes, the park ranger gives talks in the morning on Glacier Bay day, as does a cultural interpreter. Honestly we didn't attend any of them. The ranger commentary throughout the day could be heard over the speakers in the Lido Pool area and a couple of other areas as well. I think there was a nature talk called something like "Fins and Feather" that we wanted to attend but the timing didn't work out for us. I don't recall any talks that were specifically nature on any of the other days.

Yes, the piano bar was good. We didn't spend much time there other than the trivia, but it always seemed busy and lively.

Archived