SENSATION Trip Report and Review 4/23/05

"Mamiled" asked about a 3 year old in Camp Carnival. He will be put in the younger category, and I am sure he will be fine there. From what I read, if you are 5, then you feel like you should go to the NEXT category up of age range, but you end up staying in the "little Kids' category. I would think a 3 year old would fit fine in their age category.

Please note, the Sensation has a smaller Camp Carnival room, than the Conquest ship you were one from what I understand. But I am sure the CAPERS for the kids are filled with just as much activities on both ships. So much to do, and I didn't send my kid to Camp Carnival that much. Only 3 occasions if I recall.

Thanks for your review. My DH and I were on the Sensation Memorial Day weekend. I do believe that we had the best time. As I am one to be constantly planning something and moving around, it was a pleasure to just find a spot on the deck to sit and chill. I had always thought I would hate to be stuck for a day at sea, trapped as it were, but the Sensation changed my mind.

The reggae band on the Lido deck was the best ... What a great band!

Reading your review took me right back there. I can't wait to choose another cruising vacation.

• 4 weeks later...

:p wow i cant wait i am sooooooooo ready to go this is the first time for me and my husband we leave out on the sensation the 19 out of new orleans . thanks so much for everyone info sure has helped us out a lot . i think we will have a great time we are going to cozumel so much to do and so little time lol . we are going to take a train out of memphis we live in mississippi about 20min out of memphis this is going to be wild . wish we could find some more that might be going on the same ship to cozumel from new orleans . oh well it is still going to be fun i just know it . lol :D

Just joined this site. Nice to find this thread. Will be doing the 5-night out of New Orleans on 12/26 with eight others! Anyone know if there is a difference in outside cabins between the Empress and Upper decks. Two of our rooms are located just aft of the Info Desk, shore excursion desk on Empress. Wondering if they'll be too noisy and we should try for something further mid-ship?

I really enjoyed your review. It is so much fun to read a first time cruisers review on a ship. I have been on the Sensation twice and I loved the purple!

You have a great attitude and it is great that you had a good time especially since you were not sure you would like cruising

We are also a family from Mississippi taking the amtrak out of Memphis. We are leaving July 29. I just hope that the hurricanes stay away to keep the flooding off of the tracks. Amtrak was closed a couple of days for the other one. But I have high hopes and know that we will be on our way. The train is a great way to travel to N.O. We rode it last year and enjoyed it very much.

Archived