San Juan Or Nassau

gypsyrose

Trying to choose which cruise to to take, Glory or Triumph. Only difference is San Juan (5pm-12) or Nassau (8am-2) Have heard it is too dark to do anything in San Juan. Does anyone have a preference on the ships? Going next April. Thanks

I did the Eastern itinerary on the Triumph 2 years ago. We got off the ship and just walked around in Old San Juan. The time of day is not the greatest but we had a nice time just browsing in the shops and picking up a few souvenirs.

If you enjoy excursions and are a morning person then you will be able to enjoy suff in Nassau such as Stingray swim, snorkel etc.

We are going on the Triumph in December and have the San Juan itinerary..I know it wont give you enough time to book...but you can be sure I will post a review here.

We are also going with 60 people to Nassau for an AI in February 2006 (which I had to pick out)....there seems to be a LOT to do in Nassau whether you STAY on land or arrive on a ship .... I have many details on things to do in Nassau if you are interested. ceceliajean1@yahoo.com

I think you will love the Triumph - we will sail her in a little over 5 months and I already love the ship wihtout being on her. I also have great pics and MANY details on the food, the ports, etc....

Let me know....GOOD LUCK!!!

San Juan is my choice. If you go in the late spring/summer/early fall, it is still daylight and will stay that way for a while. I love the cobblestone streets and the forts, etc. And you can take an excursion to the phosphorescent bay and see the glowing dinoflagellates! (sorry, the science teacher in me kicked in!) It's really cool, you can kayak out there and some people go swimming in them!

June

Archived