I Was Wrong

mew1

I am so glad to say I was wrong!! I wrote after reading another post that there would be no Cinema on the Jewel. NCL confirmed there will be one, the theater will be double duty and be three levels, 5th 6th and 7th deck. This is great news as I never have time to watch movies except when on vacation. ENJOY. and Happy sailing, Mary:)

I hjope they do show movies in the theater as on vacation I would prefer to see a movie on a big screen. On my last cruise, another line than NCL, the only movies were on the TV's in the staterooms even though they had a movie theater on board (Celebrity Summit), I can watch movies on TV at home. Since our next cruise is the Oct 21 Jewel New England/Canada 11 night cruise, with 5 days at sea and the weather being questionable that time of year, probably not a lot of time laying out by the pool. It would be nice to at least have the option of seeing a movie or two on the big screen - will they serve popcorn?

I hjope they do show movies in the theater as on vacation I would prefer to see a movie on a big screen. On my last cruise, another line than NCL, the only movies were on the TV's in the staterooms even though they had a movie theater on board (Celebrity Summit), I can watch movies on TV at home. Since our next cruise is the Oct 21 Jewel New England/Canada 11 night cruise, with 5 days at sea and the weather being questionable that time of year, probably not a lot of time laying out by the pool. It would be nice to at least have the option of seeing a movie or two on the big screen - will they serve popcorn?

I will let you know - I will have 5 days at sea out of 10 on the Jewel in September in the North Atlantic

Thank goodness for the movie theater !!!!!

My husband loves to go to the theater and watch movies on sea days. On the 13 day Jewel Med. there will be 5 sea days that I'm glad will be filled with movies.

Umm, the Jewel will technically not have a "real cinema"... They may use the Stardust Theatre (deck 5,6,&7) to show movies when there aren't other events going on in there, but I think it's really up to the CD:confused: According to an NCL contact, the cinema on the Dawn isn't that popular so they decided not to put one in on the Jewel...

I for one would like to see a return to a "dedicated" cinema on ships. The dual purpose rooms just aren't the same, in my opinion.

I like the HAL ships with the theaters, and hot buttered popcorn free for the asking.

Alolewis, We too, hubby and I, will be on the same cruise with you. Our roll call seems to be a bit slow getting started...altho I know it's still early. We were on the Dawn for 11 days in Feb. but there was lots of sunshine and a reason to be at the pool. This cruise will be a bit different since I'm sure it will be much cooler. I don't imagine I'll be at the pool as much. At home I never go to a movie. I just don't like the atmosphere...but on the Jewel, with 5 'sea days', I can see myself going to the movies a couple of times. We didn't take advantage of that on the Dawn for obvious reasons. I was very happy to hear there will be facilities to go to the movies. It certainly will be a plus.

I hope we gather a few more people to our roll call. Even tho it's 5 months away...I love talking about and preparing for the trip. There's nothing like having a cruise to look forward to. I've been watching the building progress of the Jewel ever since we got off the Dawn and it sounds incredibly beautiful. I can't wait for the first reviews to come back in Sept. There's nothing like an "up front and personal" review.

Hope to talk to you again. Have a great day!

When we went on the Disney Wonder in 2001, (my wife and 5 kids) - we thought we would not use the cinema on board at all, but we were wrong. We saw four movies - The theater was awesome with comfy seats, huge screen great sound, and popcorn soda and snacks that could be purchased just outside the theater. I hope the pride of America has a theater with first run movies when we go in October.

Archived