Internet costs

beckymomof2

Here is what I found as far as prices on board for inernet

<LI class=auto-style141>Activation fee: a one-time $3.95 charge applies to each user on their first login only.<LI class=auto-style141>Pricing:

• 480 minutes for $159
  • 240 minutes for $89
  • 120 minutes for $59
  • 45 minutes for $29
  • Pay As You Go: $0.75/minute

Anybody know if they have a discounted package price if you purchase it the first day? It seems to me like they had this on my last cruise but I don't remember for sure.

If you purchase the first day they will add 20 minutes to the 240 minute plan.

That is the one I take so dont know about the others.

Oh probably too many minutes for me. Maybe I'll do pay as you go.

Do you know if there is Microsoft Word or other word processing I can use? I'd like to type out my email before I log in, then log in and copy and paste and hit send, so it won't take that long.

Only reason I want internet is because we're leaving our kids home with family and I'd like to be able to check in occassionally with internet instead of phone.

I just off the Miracle about a week ago. It was the first time I ever purchased internet minutes. I signed up for them the second day; the smallest package of 45 minutes for 29.95, it came with 10 extra minutes. I used it primarily for my non computer saavy SIL to check in on the homefront. It was slow.. but it was just enough to check in once a day (sea days only) to retrieve and send email. I think I even had about 12 minutes left on the last day. You have to remember to click LOG-OUT when exiting your email program. I would click it a few times just to be sure :rolleyes:

Oh probably too many minutes for me. Maybe I'll do pay as you go.

Do you know if there is Microsoft Word or other word processing I can use? I'd like to type out my email before I log in, then log in and copy and paste and hit send, so it won't take that long.

Only reason I want internet is because we're leaving our kids home with family and I'd like to be able to check in occassionally with internet instead of phone.

Basically it is just a terminal so you cannot type your message first. This is why i bring my laptop.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived