~ Welcome Aboard & Come Join Us ~ CC 1st Official Family Group Cruise!! ~4/15/06~

Chucksta63

October 26, 2005pixel.gifWilma Destroys, Damages Cozumel Cruise Piers(1:51 p.m.) -- Cozumel is currently closed to all cruise ship traffic, and at least one of the three piers on the island has been destroyed -- the Puerto Maya Pier was lost during Hurricane Wilma. Reuters describes Puerto Maya as having been "pulverized, massive chunks of concrete torn away and thrown onto the beach." The International Pier and Punta Langosta Pier have sustained damages and are being assessed, according to a representative for the port.

The fate of these piers affects nearly every major cruise line as Cozumel is a mainstay on Western Caribbean routes. However, Carnival Corp. (the parent company of Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Seabourn and Windstar, among others) is particularly affected as it has invested a good deal of time and money in creating shopping areas -- and the now-destroyed Puerto Maya pier -- in Cozumel.

Electricity is out on the island, and a timeframe has not yet been established for repair and recovery. However, a representative for Costa Maya tells us the port is prepared to accommodate additional cruise ships due to the closure of Cozumel for up to six months. Ships that are anticipated to visit Costa Maya in lieu of Cozumel include Carnival's Carnival Valor, Sensation and Inspiration; Princess' Star Princess; Disney's Disney Magic; NCL's Norwegian Sun; and Holland America's Volendam, Veedam and Zuiderdam.

Costa Maya's pier and surrounding complex sustained no damage and continue to operate at 100 percent capacity; all shore excursions are up and running.

Click here for a full list of itinerary changes.

Hurricane Wilma made landfall on the island of Cozumel last Friday; the eye of the storm hovered above Cozumel and nearby Cancun for two days before heading to Florida.

We will continue to post information here as soon as we receive it, so please check back often.

Hey Chuck....yep the weather here is scary...

The mud around the barn is awful...poor sheep...I threw down some extra hay and stuff...

Stay warm....

I hope we get some better weather this weekend! I have to muck out the basement and spray with bleach! Yep Mold starting! arrr

I now have a FEMA App. Number! I need a cruise bad!!

Carnival's Prices have gone up again!!!

Interior is now $829pp + Taxes and port Fees!:eek:

Ocean View is now $929pp + Taxes and Port Fees!:eek:

Balcony is Starting at $1129 + Taxes and Port Fees!:eek:

Our Prices are way beating this but I would get it now before Carnival takes our cabins that we have reserved then your out of luck! Carnival will at some point pull our Cabins that we have not booked! Jump Now!!!

These our, our Prices!!!

Priceing:

Inside (Cat 4A): $ 715 pp

Oceanview (Cat 6A): $ 839 pp

Balcony (Cat 8A): $ 965 pp

Mini-Suite (Cat 11): $ 1449 pp

Penthouse Suite (Cat 12): $ 1969 pp

Rates are based on double occupancy and include port charges and gov’t fees.

Single (Cat 1A): $ 1009 pp

3rd and 4th rates are subject to change….currently they are as follows:

Inside (Cat 4A): $ 585 pp

Oceanview (Cat 6A): $ 609 pp

Balconies and Suites (Cat 8A, 11 and 12): $ 635 pp

Amenities:

$ 100 p/cabin on-board credit

Cruise Critic Lanyards (1 per person)

Cruise Critic Magnets (1 per stateroom)

15% discount on all other Cruise Critic merchandise

$ 250 pp deposit for all cabin assignments including single, triple, quads or suites.

To book this cruise contact Kevin at Crucon.com at 1-800-493-6609

Hey Chuck,

I saw Southwest is now booking til March 31st...almost April, lol...I would suspect that within a few weeks...it will be into April...

I just got 2 more for my cruise in April, 24th...yeah.

Have a good night and stay warm...supposed to dip into the 20's!

Hey Chuck,

I saw Southwest is now booking til March 31st...almost April, lol...I would suspect that within a few weeks...it will be into April...

I just got 2 more for my cruise in April, 24th...yeah.

Have a good night and stay warm...supposed to dip into the 20's!

Yea I just saw that this morning! Awesome!!

Time for the fur lined shorts...lol

Morning Chuck!

I remembered my clocks...lol...

We are in for a bit of a heat wave here....woohoo...

How's it going? I never did get your brochure??

Hi Delores

I never got my brochure put together. I am not that savy with documents in working with them on the puter.

It is still chilly here 41 but the wind is a killer.

Hi Guys I still have not heard from Christina or Luis about how they made out with the hurricane!

I hope that they are ok!!

They are located at MARINA CALETA on the south side of town.

If any one hears anything about this Marina please post!

Carnival's Prices have gone up again!!!

Interior is now $829pp + Taxes and port Fees!:eek:

Ocean View is now $929pp + Taxes and Port Fees!:eek:

Balcony is Starting at $1129 + Taxes and Port Fees!:eek:

Our Prices are way beating this but I would get it now before Carnival takes our cabins that we have reserved then your out of luck! Carnival will at some point pull our Cabins that we have not booked! Jump Now!!!

These our, our Prices!!!

Priceing:

Inside (Cat 4A): $ 715 pp

Oceanview (Cat 6A): $ 839 pp

Balcony (Cat 8A): $ 965 pp

Mini-Suite (Cat 11): $ 1449 pp

Penthouse Suite (Cat 12): $ 1969 pp

Rates are based on double occupancy and include port charges and gov’t fees.

Single (Cat 1A): $ 1009 pp

3rd and 4th rates are subject to change….currently they are as follows:

Inside (Cat 4A): $ 585 pp

Oceanview (Cat 6A): $ 609 pp

Balconies and Suites (Cat 8A, 11 and 12): $ 635 pp

Amenities:

$ 100 p/cabin on-board credit

Cruise Critic Lanyards (1 per person)

Cruise Critic Magnets (1 per stateroom)

15% discount on all other Cruise Critic merchandise

$ 250 pp deposit for all cabin assignments including single, triple, quads or suites.

To book this cruise contact Kevin at Crucon.com at 1-800-493-6609

Is every one caught up with the time change? The clocks change before we cruise so we will have day light for early dinner.

WELCOME!!!!!

Hello All !!!!! I know you have seen me posting around a lot, but we have made it Official!!!!!! Here is the link to the "First Official Cruise Critic's Family Group Cruise"!!!!!!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=77

Let Me introduce myself: My name is Chuck and I will be acting as your group leader...Welcome ALL ,,To the 1st Official CC Group Cruise!!!!!!!!

This Cruise is on the Carnival Triumph for April 15th 2006 to the Western Caribbean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Stop in and Say Hi, share your experences, ask questions, join the group!!! Come Join Us for a Great Family Cruise and make Some Memory's!!!!!! By Joining Us you will be entitled to some Great Amenities like 15% off all Cruise Critic Logowear!!!!!!!!! E-mail me for the Code!!!!!!!!! Also $100.00 Per Cabin!!!!! If you are having to book 2 cabins that is $200.00 total!!!!!!!!! This is a Great Bonus*****!!!!!!!

Don't be Shy,,, Are you New to the Boards??? Go ahead and ask your question this is what I am here for!!!! Stop In Often !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See You On Board !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived