san diego retun flight time

Dancing Gal

thanks for pointing that out...I always seem to be on ships arriving at 7:00, so I didn't even consider it.

OK...so if in at 8 to San Diego, then a 10 am is probably too soon due to possible immigration hang-ups.

Thanks

Yes, I think it would be - especially when you need to be at the airport early. Are you using cruise transfers? Sounds like you are booking on your own. We didn't fly... but we docked in San Diego at 8:00 and by the time we got off and over to pick up our car it was 10:00am. We didn't have priority tags to get off however. But I still think you would be cutting it close. The airport is close however... the first ones off have MORE luggaget to go thru than those that get off later. ;)

There could also be a hang up with releasing the passengers thru immigration. That port is equipped with pre-immigration, so you don't have to actually go thru the lines... However the entire ship is held up until immigration decides to let everyone go - and THEN they start calling color groups. And unfortunately some people feel they don't need to turn in the forms the night before or take their time when their names are called.

For a domestic flight you're supposed to be at the airport 1-1/2 hrs before your flight so I would suggest you get a flight after noon so you're not scrambling. You never know what might happen on the ship. It only takes one person to hold up debarkation if Immigration feels it's necessary. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived