Marina Baltic Treasures

roberts2005

Our July 12th cruise is nearing an end. Just wanted to post a few items that might benefit future cruisers.

Today in Warremunde, the Maina docked in the commercial area and there a shuttle to town. This works if you are not going anywhere else. If you are going on from Rostock you are better off walking to the S Bahn station and going direct to Rostock

Yesterday we were not able to dock in Ronne due to high winds. The ship tendered into Svaneke on the other side of the island

The shuttle in Gydania worked well. The walk to the train station was easy and about 15 minutes.

Hi roberts2005,

We are leaving on this cruise Aug 1. Could/would you please post this on our "Baltic Treasures Aug. 1" roll call thread? I can't figure out a way to forward it to our whole group and it is great info.

Thanks for sharing,

Mickie

In Svaneke the public busses are infrequent. We used the buses to travel north on the east coast. They run once an hour and tickets can be bought on board. Hopefully every one else will get into Ronne

Bus 8 goes north. Bus 7 goes south

to Roberts2005 - you gave such great info on your previous posts, thank you. Could you tell me about the currency needs at each port. Were Euros accepted fairly often? Does one need to hit an ATM at each port?

Since there are so many currencies I am not sure how to plan.

Roberts 2005, if you're not too busy taking a vacation from port-intensive vacation, I have a question for you:

Did you take the shuttle in Tallinn to the old town? If so, do you remember where it dropped you off?

Thanks much!

to Roberts2005 - you gave such great info on your previous posts, thank you. Could you tell me about the currency needs at each port. Were Euros accepted fairly often? Does one need to hit an ATM at each port?

Since there are so many currencies I am not sure how to plan.

We used the ATM 's in each port taking out enough to cover lunch and incidentals. For us it was easier than using credit cards.

Roberts 2005, if you're not too busy taking a vacation from port-intensive vacation, I have a question for you:

Did you take the shuttle in Tallinn to the old town? If so, do you remember where it dropped you off?

Thanks much!

It drops you off near old town, but at the bottom. We used the hop on hop off to get to the top so we could walk down. Tallinn was our worst day weather wise. Rain.

Archived