Potty Question- Carnival

Prinycesa07

This is probably a dumb question but...

My 2 year old is potty trained. Shes been for 3 months. We go on a cruise in 2 months. Shes small though, 33 inches. She has a hard time getting on the potty. Will they help her in camp carnival? Will they help her wash her hands? Are the toilets the short child ones? I guess what i'm asking is do they help at all or will she have to be able to do it all on her own?

DS was almost almost 2 1/2 last year when we sailed and CC was really, really terrific. He had one pee accident, and he was cleaned up, dressed, and wet clothes bagged up. I wasn't even ever called to pick him up. I found out about it that night. I'm not sure why/how he had the accident(it was likely when he was napping) but it was the only one, and I had complete faith in the staff there. Honestly great all the way around :) He was hesitant the first 3 days, and they had him running to camp there after. Hope your experience is as positive.

Thank you so much! THat does make me feel more relieved! My daughter has never been to daycare, and rarely away from me so i guess i just get a little nervous about the little things lol. But she loves loves other people and kids and playing with new stuff. I know she will love it. I'm so glad that they were so great. Did you bring an extra change of clothes every day?

I did! We had a little backpack that I sent with a spare set and a pull-up just in case. He basically toilet trained right before we left and I wasn't sure how he'd do since he was in a new unfamiliar place with weird people ;) He wasn't always the most vocal about needing to go, lol. He did go to daycare but only once a week. The first few days were hard, but the staff was awesome with him.

My son was almost 5 and had an accident in the youth program. He was of course completely potty trained but he was TERRIFIED of the ship toilets because the loud suction sound when they flush.

So after that I made sure that I check on him every hour or so to make sure he didn't have to use the bathroom. We didn't have any more accidents. As long as I was with him when he used the potty he was ok.

Archived