Zuiderdam Or Miracle

HMAN

I have a dilema.... My 32 year old wife wants to go on the Zuiderdam and I would prefer the Miracle. We will be traveling with our 9 month old daughter in Nov 2005. We have cruised Carnival Triumph, Victory, Destiny and the Grand Princess.

Has anyone ever been on the Zuiderdam???? Is it a "BORING SHIP"???? How is the Miracle?????

Please help I want to get booked soon....

The Zuiderdam is the 7 day east and the Miracle is the 7 day west.

PLEASE HELP ASAP>>>>>>

thanks.

H

I haven't cruised HAL yet but I have been on the Miracle and loved it. The baby won't be able to be in camp Carnival so the child facilities won't be accessible to you on Carnival anyway....I'd lurk in the HAL boards to get a feel for the ship and the line over there. The age demographic on HAL will be older...and the ship will be definitely more sedate. I don't know if 'sedate' is boring to you or not...it depends on what kind of cruise you want to take. With a 9 month old along for the ride, you won't be able to be party animals anyway, so I'd look at the itinerary and the price and make a decision from that.

We went on the Zuiderdam in 2003 and loved it. True, it's a more sedate than Carnival but as far as age of passengers there were many more families that elderly. If you cruise often, I'd try the Zuiderdam this year since next year there will not be a HAL ship in the Caribbean in the summer.

Also been on the Zuiderdam and very much enjoyed our cruise. The crowd is very mixed with age's since you are travelling in the Carribean. I have been on both line's and can say what ever you choose you will have a great time. Maybe decide which ports you really want to see. We really enjoyed Tortola and where looking forward to virgin gorda but our day was cut short due to Hurricane's in September.

Archived