Star - Bermuda 7/15/12

djmess

This is a quick review or summary from my perspective as I sit on the train ride home.

Im an experienced NCL cruiser. Overall I had a wonderful time. The crew were as awesome as ever. Very attentive, helpful and always smiling.

Had a window cabin deck 8 forward. It was wonderful except the night the crew had a party in the Stardust Lounge until about 2:30am. I did have to complain as I could hear the DJ and music quite clearly through my cabin and the walls and floor were shaking. I completely understand the crew having to let loose, but the lack of sleep made me cranky. At 9am I was called by the front desk to apologize and offer me FREE chocolate covered strawberries for my inconvience. After waking me up for this offer I didn't think it was really acceptable. We negotiated a bit and they gave me dinner for 2 at La Cucina they wouldn't budge on giving me Cagney's as I requested. Later I thought I should have asked for a spa day pass as I needed the rest. All in all I was happy with how they helped.

I travelled with my 9 y/o son. He absolutely loved the Newly revamped kids crew. It was hard to get him to leave. On the last sea day the kids put on a circus show with acts and tricks they worked on for the week. It was very cute.

Im not a food expert and thought the Versailles MDR was good the 3 times we ate there. Le Bistro great as normal. La Cucina turned out to be very good as well.

I did a lot of relaxing on the deck 7 promenade. Wish they had more chairs. Also just hung out in the Atrium in the soft cushy chairs at the Java Cafe.

Thought the Entertainment was a bit week as compared to other Norwegian cruises, trying not to compare Epic as its entertainment is superior. In the last 2 years I've also been on the Dawn and Pearl so think I have some good ones to compare to.

Bermuda - this was my first time. Should have only purchased the 2 day bus ferry pass as we decided to stay on the ship and enjoy the pool and slides. Glad we did this as bad rough seas on our last day and pools were closed.

Had a great trip if there are any questions I will try and answer

Hi DJmess

My parents sat on deck 7 ALL day EVERY day. You probably saw them at some point LOL

My parents took one look at the pool deck in full swing on day 1 of the seaday and said NO THANKS

I thought the food was very good. It was sooooooo much better then our Jewel food last year.

What a rough sea day yesterday. My 7 year old is still green!

Hey, my family was aboard, too! I loved watching the thunderstorms on Monday night. Yesterday was pretty rough, but luckily I wasn't affected. Maybe taking the Bonine everynight as a preventative measure really helped. I have to admit, I was a tiny bit excited to see all the barf bags around the ship. Hopefully, no one had to use them!

haha on the barf bags. We also took Bonine each day and we were all fine except for my 7 year old who was taking Kids Bonine. Next cruise I will bump her to the adult one.

The storm Monday night was amazing to watch from our forward DOS. It was like a show!

Thanks for your review. Any chance you have the kids club dailies?

I think I have the 6-9 age group. Sorry, I didn't think to grab other age groups. I hope to scan it and can post this weekend, if I remember how. lol

I also forgot to mention, we had a very nice bridge tour for the cruise critic group at 9am on the last sea day. My son loved it.

I'm not one to really be affected by the rough seas. Yes I felt the ship move a bit, but I have experienced worse. Luckily for me, my son is not phased at all by the rocking motion. He just kept on playing.

I think I have the 6-9 age group. Sorry, I didn't think to grab other age groups. I hope to scan it and can post this weekend, if I remember how. lol

I also forgot to mention, we had a very nice bridge tour for the cruise critic group at 9am on the last sea day. My son loved it.

I'm not one to really be affected by the rough seas. Yes I felt the ship move a bit, but I have experienced worse. Luckily for me, my son is not phased at all by the rocking motion. He just kept on playing.

Hi to Brandon

I think I have the 6-9 age group. Sorry, I didn't think to grab other age groups. I hope to scan it and can post this weekend, if I remember how. lol.

I would love to see those if you get the chance! We are leaving Sunday and both my daughters are in that age range. What did your child think of the kids' program?

I would love to see those if you get the chance! We are leaving Sunday and both my daughters are in that age range. What did your child think of the kids' program?

I will try very hard to post the 6-9 age tomorrow evening. My son is a very seasoned NCL cruiser and he really enjoyed the new program. He loved preparing for the circus show that the kids put on during the last sea day. A new thing I noticed was they took kids to the sports deck for activities a few times during the cruise. This was weather permitting. He also loved getting face painted a few times during the week.

From a mother's perspective, I thought the program was nicely improved and I thought the prior program was very good. A note on the face paint. It was very easy to clean off. I know this past February we were on the Epic, the face paint was harder to remove and I had to pull out the baby oil to help get it off. Warm water washed it off easily this time and no complaining child.

If you don't mind, tell "Cupid" The kids crew director that Brandon's Mom from the July 15 cruise said Hi! Can remind him Brandon was the kid with the spikey Mohawk that he had painted red and green. Cupid was an awesome director. He had heard me talking on the first day of the cruise that this was my son's 10th NCL cruise and that we absolutely love the kids program on NCL. I was talking with some other families. Cupid came over to me and thanked me for the nice words and offered me a bottle of wine. I definitely wrote up a "vacation hero" card on him and the entire kids crew counselors. They were awesome and my son loved them all!

Archived