vegetarian meals

billyandted

:confused: We are travelling on the Glory next March. One of the group is a strict Vegetarian. I checked out the menus but there is only one vegy entree each night. Are there other options or should she just order two of each of the starters & salads that fit?

On the Star Princess we could always get a pasta alfredo for instance. :confused:

If you want to eat in the main dining rooms, yes, there is only one vegetarian entree per night. And yes, you could order two salads and two appetizers or however many you'd like.

If that is not an option, there is always the buffet, where there are lots of vegetarian choices.

"Strict" as in "vegan?" "Strict" as in "does not eat dead animal carrion that should be buried before it sprouts maggots?" "Strict" as in "disciplinarian?"

If she's lacto-ovo (i.e. doesn't eat meat, fish, poultry or products made from their carcasses but does eat eggs and dairy and pasta Alfredo) then she should enjoy herself. My niece, wife and I enjoyed every morsel of that "one" entree. The variety (from day to day) and quality were first rate. The dishes were all very imaginative. We actually felt sorry for the rest of the family who were stuck with dead lobsters.

I have traveled on Carnival, Celebrity and NCL all since 2002. I have very much noticed the veggie meal options since my oldest DD is lacto-ovo. In my opinon Carnival offers the most veggie friendly menus, especially for lacto-ovos although there is a vegan appetiser and soup each meal (lunch and dinner in the dine room) and the entree is usually vegan. Once your friend orders the appetiser, soup, salad and entree she might not even have room for desert or she can top it with ice cream. She can certainly get more than 1 serving of anything. Also, there is a cheese plate available for desert that I am sure she can request earlier in the meal. If all else fails there is always pizzia 24/7. The goat cheese and mushroom is delish.

Talk with the Maitre D on the first day of the cruise and he will get special vegetarian meals prepared every night. Just tip the Maitre D on the first day and your friend will get all the vegetarian meals she wants in the main dining hall. My group had a few vegetarians and the chef prepared great vegetarian meals every night. In fact he will prepare non-veg food not on the menu if you give him a day's notice. We asked the chef to meet us on the last night of the cruise and we gave him a large tip.

MMMMmm! Dead animal carrion medium rare with sauteed onions and mushrooms. So juicy that there is a red puddle left on the plate when I'm finished that i can soak up with a biscuit and enjoy it again. I welcome all vegetarians on any cruise more lobster for the rest of us. boil little buddy boil and don't be afraid of the butter its delicious.

seriously there are so many food choices that all can find an abundance of great choices. And if you like vegetables save a plant eat a cow.

Archived