RCI Vision

glennjudy1

Just booked a cruise for january for RCI's Vision of the Seas. Our TA recoomended a junior suite. Has anyone been on the Vision and seen the junior suites? My wife cannot walk and uses a wheelchair 100% of the time, is the suite pretty wheelchair accessible? Thanks for any feedback.

We are going on the Vision in a h/c junior suite in July. I will probably forget this post, email me when I get back and I will answer any questions. Add aol.com to my user name.

Make sure and put Vision Junior Suite in the subject line so I won't delete.

Sherry

Thanks Sherry, I'll look you up in July after your cruise. We've only been on one other cruise, the Disney Magic last year and our balcony cabin was really nice with a huge balcony. We're just not sure what to expect now (but we know the balcony won't be near as big since our Disney Magic cabin was completely aft).

Have not been in a junior suite, but we were 3 on the Vision of the Seas to Mexico a year ago, and had a very nice room. You can see our cabin (7532) on the Connie George travel site http://www.cgta.com/ (pick "Wheelchair Users" from the side bar and scroll down). It was right by the elevators so very convenient to use. They have a lift that takes you to a level ramp to the tender which worked very well in tender ports. Part of the buffet is not wheelchair accessible, but otherwise we had a good time. The pool lift was broken, but my mother did not want to swim so this was not a problem for us.

If your junior suite is not specifically rated as wheelchair accessible on the ship's deck plan, don't depend on a TA to tell you it is just as good as an accessible cabin. The doors may be too narrow for a wheelchair, and the bathroom will have a step up and either a stall shower with a step or a tub, and there is no way you could get a wheelchair into a regular cabin bathroom on most ships, even in a suite.

Archived