Vancouver Segway Tour?

I am taking an Alaska cruise, leaving from Vancouver, in September. I am interested in doing a Segway tour of Vancouver. Does anyone know if there are any available? I tried searching online and wasn't able to find any.

Thanks

This question was asked by another poster a year or so ago and none of us were aware of any. Someone like Ut who lives downtown may have better knowledge than I but don't think there is a Segway rental company in the city.

Short answer - there isn't one (there used to be a rental programme out at UBC in the summers, but no more).

Waffley answer why not - Segways are by default not legal in Canada. The Federal Government decided not to amend our laws to allow them (they're caught in-between licensing categories). Some areas have a specific pilot programme during which their use is allowed but restricted to certain approved individuals (e.g. in Ontario 14+yr olds with mobility issues, Post Office delivery staff and Police) and you can always use them on private land - everywhere you can rent Segways in Canada these days to my knowledge is somewhere that tours only on private land with them, e.g. off-road use, university campuses, the Distillery District in Toronto.

Individual municipalities and provinces are allowed to pass laws specifically allowing them to use public sidewalks (hence the Ontario pilot programme), but right now a private owner is in limbo legally-speaking - and Vancouver is already a difficult place to use any kind of wheeled conveyance due to some overlapping motoring- & by-laws (I know someone who was fined for riding his scooter in a bike lane...)

Archived